Possible optimization improvement

Something came to mind as I was testing the Twins.

Auras are shown whenever something is blocking the object in question. However, they're specifically shown in the areas that are being blocked and in real time. For example, if Victor is partially obscured by some corn, only the areas that are obscured by corn will be highlighted.

This probably means that the game is constantly checking the FoV and seeing what's blocked and what isn't, to display the "correct" portion of the aura. If it does indeed work like that, then it must put a lot of strain on the CPU. If I'm right, then changing it so the entire aura is shown even when the object is partially blocked, with some hysteresis*, should result in a performance boost.

*So if the object goes from unblocked to blocked or vice-versa, there's a slight delay before the aura appears/disappears, to avoid constantly switching between the two states.


@MandyTalk could you forward this to the team? I know it's speculative on my part, but if I'm right, this could noticeably increase performance.

Comments