Lets set this straight - Halloween event

This halloween event doesn't differ much from the previous events
-You collect event currency
-You get a cosmetic for participating

But what does differ greatly however is that we can get REALLY and I mean REALLY well done outfits. FOR FREE! You can pick any of your favorite cosmetic or even mix and match different ones FOR FREE. Previous event cosmetics has been a little meh, welcoming but not with this high-end quality to it.

You are not entitled to anything more, I understand it's quite hard to grasp for most children out there playing the game that running a game costs money,creating something of this quality, costs a lot of money and effort. That you even GET to have one of these outfits FOR FREE **is insane. Previous events we've, we could earn 1 weapon or 1 mask and so on. Now we get a full outfit or mix and match with 3 cosmetics **FOR FREE.

Here's an idea, how about you earn the outfit that's your favorite **FOR FREE **and move on unless you can't purchase whatever else outfit you want? Is that so hard?

Please try to use common sense people.
Bhvr/devs/cms doesn't deserve anything less than our utmost respect.
-What other game that you play hosts community Q&A as regular as Dbd does?
-What other online game shows this much soul put into it?

The sheer quality that they've put into this game is tremendous.

Sorry if it got a bit too ranty.

Comments

  • Events are the time to give back to the community.

    It's fine that the cosmetics are paid in the long run, but we could have them as unlockables during the event period through a very rigorous grind maybe? If not, some middle ground, like players could unlock a killer and a survivor cosmetic each would have worked too. With just 3 pieces out of 21 to choose from, I think it's rather stingy.

    Also, It's not like players will lose respect for the developers, it's just that, a tiny little generosity could've just solved the disappointment of the community. 
  • It's not an issue of entitlement, it's an issue of transparency. If they had just flat out stated this earlier (like not the day before the event earlier): "All these nice things you think you'll be able to grind for, as you have had to do in past events, you're only going to be able to get a small percentage of them and if you want any of the rest you're going to have to pay for them." People probably wouldn't be as upset as they are now if they had stated this early on clear and true, or instead just...released the skins on the store as planned and had something else to grind for/earn. Instead they let the assumptions grow, assumptions based off the way events were handled in the past, both pre and post cosmetics store, and now people are angry because it feels more like a cash grab than an event.

    Yes they have to make revenue but they should at least be honest about their intentions.

    Some people are going to buy the skins regardless, either because they don't have the time or the inclination to grind, or people who are going to come to the game later and really like the look of the skins. They would've made their money either way.

    There was a happy medium they could've come to here, the way the event is currently being handled isn't it.

  • The problem is that the cosmetics are available forever...
  • What @RoMainPuppy said. If the devs had released a separate halloween-themed skinset with the majority of the cosmetics and not linked it to the event, that would have been fine. If they had only given us 2 cosmetics, that would have been fine too. It's all to do with what the devs have trained us to expect from these events in the past, and allowed us to expect leading up to this event.
    The issue isn't to do with how many cosmetics we can get for free, it's to do with how many we can't. If you think about it in terms of percentages rather than numbers, in previous events we've been able to get 100% of what was on offer just by playing the game and putting enough time into the event objectives. This time around, we only get 14% and the rest is dangled in front of our noses on a stick.
    For some people, it's not even about the items themselves. It's about the sense of achievement for completing the event objectives and unlocking all the content. I don't think I've worn David's Donkey Jacket once, but I still worked my ass off to get it. It's about the fun factor, about working towards a goal, and about disappointed expectations considering what we've been led to believe this event was going to be like.

  • @Fictionalname said:
    You are not entitled to anything more, I understand it's quite hard to grasp for most children out there playing the game that running a game costs money,creating something of this quality, costs a lot of money and effort. That you even GET to have one of these outfits FOR FREE **is insane. Previous events we've, we could earn 1 weapon or 1 mask and so on. Now we get a full outfit or mix and match with 3 cosmetics **FOR FREE.

    Here's an idea, how about you earn the outfit that's your favorite **FOR FREE **and move on unless you can't purchase whatever else outfit you want? Is that so hard?

    The thing with previous event was that this one item you could earn for each side felt like more because of the way they were presented.
    It was one unique thing only obtainable through the event. The Hallowed Blight outfits look good and are high effort. And a lot about this upcoming event is great.
    But the three items you can earn are presented as one outfit out of seven. The rest is buyable for quite a high price (10€ each). And yes, I belong to the group of people who think that cosmetics are overpriced and only buy Chapter DLCs and grind them instead.
    This just gives you the feel, that these free outfit is just there as an incentive for you to buy the rest. It doesn't feel like a reward, more like a commercial you have to grind for, because you are still missing the rest of the "event" stuff. It feels like less, even if it more.

    I think people would feel different, if there would be something unique to grind for and the High quality cosmetics only buyable like the chapter cosmetic sets.
    Or they would have designed only one cosmetic item for seven characters and you can earn 3 out of 7. Which would technically less, but feel more.
    The thing is like I said. How it's represented. It's not about entitlement or beeing children. It's more like how it feels.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ZombieGenesis said:
    Not sure why anyone should listen to a guy who can't express his opinion without insulting people.

    He created his accoutn for this post.... Do I need to say more

  • @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @ZombieGenesis said:
    Not sure why anyone should listen to a guy who can't express his opinion without insulting people.

    He created his accoutn for this post.... Do I need to say more

    No I didn't but I guess you weren't raised to not be a blatant liar.

    @ZombieGenesis said:
    Not sure why anyone should listen to a guy who can't express his opinion without insulting people.

    It's frustrating to see how the community has gone to the limit of trash and toxicity that they cry when we get free stuff. So yeh, I am one with the toxcity now.

    @Freudentrauma said:
    text

    And you choose to view it as that which is what frustrates me.
    I rather see it as you pick your favorite outfit and earn it. The rest are bonuses IF you choose to buy them which nobody forces you to do.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I'm going for the Wraith outfit.
    Sorry if you like an other one than mine, but i compared them all, judging on a personal level which has the most work put into it, and Wraith comes out on top to me easily.
    Also, A HOLE THROUGH THE BODY? Hell yes!

  • I didn't see the live stream, so if someone would be good enough to clarify something for me; will the cosmetics be available for purchase right from the get-go, or only after the event is over?

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @Fictionalname You can make excuses about why you're like this all you want, but the truth is no reasonable person is going to take you seriously if you can't make an argument without insulting people in the process.

  • @Fibijean said:
    @Fictionalname You can make excuses about why you're like this all you want, but the truth is no reasonable person is going to take you seriously if you can't make an argument without insulting people in the process.

    Oh please. Get off your high and mighty horse will ya?
    Have you even read the massive illogical complains filled with insults? Or swung by reddit dbd lately?

    Nevertheless, if you're this sensitive and actually get offended by it, then good, that's probally what you need to hear if you feel that entitled.

    @ZombieGenesis said:
    Again, the insults render your opinions moot and not worth reading/listening to.

    People are entitled to their opinions. Some people are happy with whatever the Devs feed them. Others are disappointed that this "special" event isn't so special. Others are even more upset. It's their right.

    Above applies to you too.

  • I'm not offended, believe it or not I'm trying to help you. Just because other people do it doesn't mean it makes you look good. In fact, what it actually does is make you look just as stupid and illogical as them. If you want people to listen to what you have to say, learn to say it in a constructive way, or else don't be surprised when people don't take you seriously.

  • @Fibijean said:
    I'm not offended, believe it or not I'm trying to help you. Just because other people do it doesn't mean it makes you look good. In fact, what it actually does is make you look just as stupid and illogical as them. If you want people to listen to what you have to say, learn to say it in a constructive way, or else don't be surprised when people don't take you seriously.

    I don't really care at this point. In no way, however, is my statement illogical in any way.
    The only "insult" I used was children aswell, I don't see how that will hurt anyone other than the ones who just are children, which is what I don't care about whetever they listen or not, since they wont anyway, reason isn't something most of these type of people have to begin with.

  • Meh, im disappointed with it, but only because i thought they were all going to be unlockable for the event. I was looking forward to a reason to grind. Now i dont really care.
  • I'm not even mad about the fact that you have to buy most of them if you want them (for an, imo, overpriced cost) because I saw this coming and am not surprised by their cost.

    I'm disappointed by who is getting these outfits and who isn't. I don't really use any of those who are, and honestly think all of the killer cosmetics (save The Huntress', sort of) are really, really bad not my kind of thing. I don't like any of them. I like Dwight's and Claudette's outfits but I don't really play them when I play Survivor, and I rarely play Survivor.

    Oh well, I'll just ignore it it I guess lol.

  • @ZombieGenesis said:

    @Dwight_Fairfield said:
    I didn't see the live stream, so if someone would be good enough to clarify something for me; will the cosmetics be available for purchase right from the get-go, or only after the event is over?

    From the get-go and in perpetuity.

    Thank you :)

  • @Terrortot Same. Honestly it's not a huge deal, but it's disappointing that there's barely any grind to speak of, and we don't even have the option to grind insane hours to unlock everything. I was excited and expecting this event to be more like previous ones in that sense, so it's just a bit of a letdown.

  • @Fibijean said:
    @Terrortot Same. Honestly it's not a huge deal, but it's disappointing that there's barely any grind to speak of, and we don't even have the option to grind insane hours to unlock everything. I was excited and expecting this event to be more like previous ones in that sense, so it's just a bit of a letdown.

    They said on the stream that you wouldn't have time to grind for more than 1 outfit, the event lasts 2 weeks. How is that not a grind?

  • Fibijean said:

    @Terrortot Same. Honestly it's not a huge deal, but it's disappointing that there's barely any grind to speak of, and we don't even have the option to grind insane hours to unlock everything. I was excited and expecting this event to be more like previous ones in that sense, so it's just a bit of a letdown.

    People cant pretend it doesnt sting, i absolutely adore this game and bought all the dlc.

    The true end game is character customization, which you unfortunately dont get with initial dlc purchase... Just expected more from special events.

    The event will be a little underwhelming for me, i hope future content offers more through events to keep going for something other than perks while i have some to unlock still.
  • @Fictionalname I don't remember them saying that you wouldn't have time, although I might be misremembering. As I recall, what they said was something along the lines of they felt it was a reasonable amount for most players. But if there are people who want to live and breathe Dead by Daylight for two weeks so that they can unlock more, I feel like they should have that option. It's still a good thing for the devs if people are playing their game, and if there were the option to unlock all or most of the cosmetics, even if it's unrealistic, I think people would feel a lot better about the rest being buyable, and therefore more likely to buy them.

  • @ZombieGenesis said:

    @Boss said:
    I'm going for the Wraith outfit.
    Sorry if you like an other one than mine, but i compared them all, judging on a personal level which has the most work put into it, and Wraith comes out on top to me easily.
    Also, A HOLE THROUGH THE BODY? Hell yes!

    I'm not normally a wraith player but this is the cosmetic I'll be going for too. I think it looks really neat. Sadly it's the only one I'll be getting but at least it is cool looking.

    A HOLE!
    Okay i'm done. :p

  • @Fibijean said:
    @Fictionalname I don't remember them saying that you wouldn't have time, although I might be misremembering. As I recall, what they said was something along the lines of they felt it was a reasonable amount for most players. But if there are people who want to live and breathe Dead by Daylight for two weeks so that they can unlock more, I feel like they should have that option. It's still a good thing for the devs if people are playing their game, and if there were the option to unlock all or most of the cosmetics, even if it's unrealistic, I think people would feel a lot better about the rest being buyable, and therefore more likely to buy them.

    That is what they said. So that is what a small % of people can do most likely.

  • They said on the stream that you wouldn't have time to grind for more than 1 outfit, the event lasts 2 weeks. How is that not a grind?

    It wont be hard, take the killer vials, 6 hooks per vial, 15 max you can achieve, you have the potential of 12 hooks per game, say you average 4 hooks a game to be conservative, that is only 23 games of killer to max out what you can get, average game time 10 mins again to be conservative, that is 230 minutes or 3h50m of playing not including lobby waiting, the main issue with killer is the lobby bug which could be a problem which is down to them not the player.

    It looks highly feasible you could have earned all the skins made in the time of the event using an average of 3 hours a night and 6-9 hours on your days off if one wished too.

  • @twistedmonkey

    We will see about that, it hasn't even begun yet.