What is the recommended connection?

Unless I misunderstand how online games work. I don't think the higher the connection the better the experience in a game like DBD right? How much data is going back and forth? As long as your connection is high enough to handle that data there should be no difference in experience right? Someone with a 2gb connection shouldn't have much difference than someone with 1 right?


Mostly ask because I have no idea why my killer matches are so different than my survivor ones. When I am the killer. Survivors are able to make moves that evade me on a knifes edge. Its like the game is running how it SHOULD. When I am the survivor though? It is never like that. I can never pull off one of those fake vaults or fake pallet vaults because the killer will swing at the pallet and appear to miss me yet I sitll get hit. I don't get it.

Comments

  • Rather unfortunately the server-sided hit validation doesn't seem to have worked ever so as survivor your game experience is still determined by the killer's connection.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Rather unfortunately the server-sided hit validation doesn't seem to have worked ever so as survivor your game experience is still determined by the killer's connection.

    Even with that I don't get it. Unless 100% of killers use trash connections. Like I NEVER....EVER play against a killer who when it appears it misses me...ACTUALLY misses me. I sitll take the hit every time. Which makes me wonder WTH does it look like to these people who manage to make me swing at a pallet they faked vaulting over?

  • If you have good connection, you should not be able to get bs hits (like you stated, so you probably have a good connection). If you're playing survivor, dedicated or not I think most the community knows its much more dependent on the killers ping.

    There isn't such a thing as a "recommended connection" but just know that if a killer gets an undeserved hit on you, it's most likely their bad connection. And it's also pretty likely that on their screen, it looked fair to them.

    Who to blame? Hit validation and VPNs still being allowed for god knows why