Halloween event
For anybody not watching the stream, you can only get one of the 7 outfits available, either all 3 parts of one outfit or you can pick and choose 3 different pieces from the available outfits.
The rest are available in the store for cells.
The rest are available in the store for cells.
Comments
" I don't know how gaming companies work and seem to think 1 outfit for free is a great blessing."
That's you
Have you seen the effort they put into the event with the leaked cut scene and the CGI Instagram advertisements and the amount modeling they have to do for event specific objectives that might not ever be seen again and we get one costume for free the way i see it there just to make back what they spent
The idea behind this event is just amazing...
But the execution is lackluster at best.
I mean... the grind is too chill for 2 weeks... and the reward? Just 1 outfit/3 pieces?
That sucks.
Give us the chance to get another set at least... make it 70 more vials. Please?
100 vials in total gives us 6 pieces.
Make the rest Auric Cells then.. sure that's fine.
Or
Vials.... for every 3 pieces
30
100
200
300
500
750
1,000
I mean you might get what? 2-3 vials per match? Maybe?
Who is going to seriously get 300 vials? Or 500 vials? That's insane. Think about it people.
If you played a TON for 1 day, you'd get like 30-40 vials maybe?
You'd have to play the whole event hardcore to even have a chance at the 500 vials. Why not make it like this?
@not_Queen
Good to know!
Bloody hell. Is that really all they offered you guys for an event? Seriously? Wow. Without milking the ol' cash shop for an event, BHVR really does make them down right anemic.
This game has really made me reevaluate another studio that I had gotten a bit irritated with, I'll tell you that. BHVR has definitely put things into perspective for me.
I really don't know why everyone behaves like it's the end of the world.
Even if we do get "more than previous events", it still feels like we're being cheated. As someone above said, it was advertised as a community event. Community events should be free so that the members of the community can enjoy them. If a few cosmetics had been made free as part of the event, and then there had been a halloween-themed set of skins released separately and not advertised as part of the event, I think people on the whole would have been much happier.
It's understandable that the devs want to earn money for all these super cool skins they've created. (Although making the cosmetics free if you grind during the event and buyable with cells if you don't grind or if you buy them outside of the event would also have worked to make money from them. They're awesome skins and there's a constant stream of new players, so people that start playing after the event ends would be likely to want to buy the skins.) However, it's not actually the amount of cosmetics that people are upset about. Previously, people have been totally happy grinding to get 1 killer cosmetic and 1 survivor. It's the fact that the remaining 24 items are dangled in front of us and we can't actually get them just by playing the game, as has been the case in every other community event to date. Players have been trained to expect a certain format for free events, it's no wonder they're upset when it feels like half the fun of the event is locked behind a paywall.
I don't know much about business or finance, so if this is what Behaviour has to do to earn enough to keep themselves running, well then that's what they have to do. But I think the community outcry is understandable, and not because people are greedy but because they feel like they've been offered something only to have it taken away at the last minute. If it is financially viable, I think removing the serum cap so that people can grind their way to all the outfits, but still pay for them if they miss the event or don't want to grind, would be the best solution and would make a lot of people much happier.
If you shell out, then you're supporting this kind of marketing... Christmas is coming up. Do you want them to do this again? Send them a message by not caving in. I certainly won't be buying these cosmetics.
I think what they're offering is fair even though I won't buy it because 10 dollars for a set is more than I'm willing to spend on a cosmetic set. Before we're usually offered 2 cosmetics per event. During this event if we finish everything we have the choice of 3 cosmetics. Granted this event will require a lot more grinding than the previous events.
Although in the grand scheme of things in total the sets will be around $70 if you were to pay for everything. Even if you grind for 1 full set there's still 6 sets or $60 worth of cosmetics. I get people will say you're not intended to own everything but I wish they'd find an alternative. Maybe like 15 points is a full set instead of the freebie being we either get 1 complete set or mix matched items from multiple sets. I don't care too much because I only want 1 set but I understand the disappointment that people have to decide on their freebie either being 1 complete set or mix and matching.
Main thing I'm glad for is that the cosmetics will still be available after. I avoid games that try to force you to impulse buy stuff because it's only available for a certain amount of time. Although overall the event itself is kind of disappointing. This is October and it's such a missed opportunity to not have something special added like a map or special killer for Halloween. I get the three month cycle thing they have planned prevents that but I personally don't care about cosmetics although I appreciate their efforts to make this event great for everyone else though. I hope the nectar side objectives are somehow incorporated into the main game after the event just because I want more objectives for survivor. Maybe not with their current implementation but the idea of it really.
@Dustin Even if people claim that they're upset by the fact that we only get 3 cosmetics, that's not actually what the problem is. It's not that people are spoilt, or greedy. People were fine with getting only two cosmetics in previous events because that's all that was offered. Sure, it would have been nice if there were more, but for the most part people were satisfied. The problem people have here is that yes we get more, but it feels like less because we only get a fraction of what's on offer, and the rest is locked behind a paywall. Never before have free players been unable to access part of an event or its rewards.
So it's not 3 free cosmetics instead of 2 free cosmetics, it's 11% of the available cosmetics instead of 100%. That's why people aren't happy.
Here is the list of the skins we could get during the other events.

Yes, we should totally be mad at them. /S
Youre wrong
Im not happy because they past skins were exclusive to people who grinded.
Now i have to grind and anyone can just spend money to make my grind worthless any time they want
How is it an event if they can just buy the skins any time they want while others had to grind hard for it?
I get wanting to collect all the cosmetics but I get BHVR's point of view from this too being they're giving more. Honestly my main issue is the massive grind just for those 3 cosmetics. I get they're freebies but I don't exactly like the idea of grinding for a week for one cosmetic set. I play DBD maybe 3 sessions a week so if it's like last event I'm going to have to no life this game for 8 hours or something in 1 day.
I do agree it kind of sucks being the event is a massive grind for 3 cosmetics so you have to choose between 3 random cosmetics or 1 full set for 1 character.
Is that a reply to me or Fibijean. I know you have Fibijean's post but my name is kind of where the body of text is so I'm unsure if you messed up formatting or my browser is messed up. Just in case I'm not mad at BHVR at all I think the event is fine although I understand the frustration.
Fibijean.
I just click on quote.
@Tsulan yeah, it's worth noting that when they did the Lunar New Year event (my favourite to date) they released 3 cosmetics and all of them were free, to reward the time people put into the game during the event.
I realise that they've done a lot of expensive things for this event (extra skins, animated trailers, etc.) and they now want to make that money back, but that stuff was actually unnecessary. The community as a whole probably would have been much happier with a smaller, but entirely free, event.
Ah alright guess I just misread the quote then my bad.
They probably changed the format to be more appealing to new players. We are not a small community anymore.
Of course, 2 or 3 unlockable sets would have been way better. But i can understand them. When they don´t want to spend so much money and get nothing back. Because let´s face it, our community is pretty damn ungrateful.
They could have gifted us all 7 skins and 1 week later announced a survivor nerf, and people would have review bombed them.
its a trash event with cosmetics only offered for chars I have no desire to play sadly. there fore absolutely no reason to try to get them. free or not.
tbh the main thing I'm grateful for is they gave us a choice on what we get for free. Ultimately I think that's the most important thing to take away from this event. Although again I'm a bit biased and don't care too much about cosmetics so I'm probably missing the bigger picture here.
Don't know if you were already there for the 1 year anniversary event, just gonna put this here :
While yes technically we get more I still say less is more when comes to an event, the whole point of an event is to earn something you wouldnt normally get in a timed environment.
I would also point out in the past cosmetics were very few and far between, they were always sought after as before the shop opened the way they trickled in made each one special, now they pump them out so fast cosmetics are saturated within the game they have became less special, apart from legacy and well this is like a legacy 2 look so its no coincidence they want to charge for it.
That comes down to this scenario and while I always support the devs for cash shop cosmetics but to something which can only be described as a sort of legacy 2 as its the first one to use the same gold glimmer, something which people have asked for since the original legacy can no longer be earned, allow teasers to be posted on the forums and then only the day before tell everyone you can only earn 3 out of 21 pieces in an event an the skins will be avaible to always buy on the cash shop.
To be fair its not really an event its now a prelude to try and sell more skins, nothing more, there is no exclusive to earn as its on the cash shop, its not a reward its a piece of a pie so you want to buy more of it, imo it devalues what the past events were and it doesmake me worry about how they are going to go forward in the future, and event was always something to reward your playerbase with an exclusive and also something to bring people back to the game.
Honestly I don't see a reason to make a fuss. We built our expectations high through leaks and speculation, so it's all on us the delusion for not being able to grind all the skins. The skins are very high quality (surely higher than previous cosmetics rewards), it's natural they can't give them all for free.
I think being able to buy them with shards would be nice (since with the rare skin costs, it would be grindy af anyway), but still I think they are managing the event way better then other games I play, in which you can't get anything without paying or the rewards are mostly stuff already in the game plus a couple uninteresting new things.
I don't get it, people want free stuff, but i ask the same people, do you work for FREE ?
You need to farm for the 'free stuff'. Never played an event?