The new Map...
I really enjoy this Chapter, imo Nemesis is a pretty well designed Killer except the speed boost that survivors gain at the first infection. But besides that he is a great und fun Killer, most of the new Perks are all very fun and actually pretty good too. Flashbang, Blast mine are funny as hell and Erruption is actually pretty good. So I would say the devs nailed it pretty damn good with this chapter.
BUT
The map is horrible, I know that they had to add this map because it is very famouse among the community especially because of the very successfull sales of RE 2 Remake but gosh you really feel that this map is not designed for Dead by Daylight. Most of the Killers cant use their power at all there, this map is very boring and doesnt provide any fun gameplay. Most of the time you just have 2 ways to go as Survivor since 80% of the map is just long hallways and every few meters you have a room with 1 unsafe pallet or a big room such as the middle, library, offices etc.
There are some pretty cool and unique loops but besides that I just have disgust left for this map, it is just incredable frustrating to play Blight, Oni or any other kind of mobile and fun Killer on this map. This doesnt come from a indoor map hater too, I really enjoy Lerys and Hawkins, these are pretty cool indoor maps, not The game though tbh.
End of rant :)
Comments
Honestly and I want to know what these "positive results" the devs were seeing are. I play on Switch which is a platform they said they were really looking at, played customs all last night. 10-12 matches maybe? Maybe more? All but 3 matches someone crashed. This map never should have been re-enabled to live servers until it was ACTUALLY fixed.
Well I am not really talking about the performence issues about the map, I meant the general structure and design of it. Having alot of long hallways which makes it difficult to navigate is very unfun and boring. This type of map doesnt fit in dbd.