For Love of the Game
I wanted to take a moment to post and point something out. Many of us would be here playing whether there was an Event going on or not. I come for love of the game, the challenge, and the interest it still holds for me. The fact that there is an Event going on is just "free stuff" stacked on top of it. It is free Blood Points, extra Blood Points in matches, and free Iridescent Shards. It is a rapidly rotating Shrine so I can use said shards to get some of those Perks I've been wanting without waiting months (or having to play the Killers I have no interest in).
In short, it is a bunch of free stuff that I didn't pay for on top of the game I enjoy. I just don't see the problem. Now, I have sympathy for those people having technical issues. I hope they get worked out, and I'm sure in time they will be. But that has no bearing on the Event in regards to whether it is good or not. Some of you want more. Hell who wouldn't want MORE free stuff, but there is a difference between a wish list and a sense of entitlement. Just play the game if you are enjoying it. I'm out there having a blast. If you aren't enjoying it, why the hell are you still here?
Comments
Because I love the game and I want it to be better.
The ones who love the game the most...amazingly enough...are the ones who want it to change the most and the ones who raise hell with the devs the most.
Why? Because we KNOW the game can be absolutely amazing. There is no other game on the market like this one. The problem is we keep getting half baked content, broken updates, shoddy balancing changes, questionable map design choices, and zero transparency from the developers.
I am only here because I have an overwhelming love for what the game once was, which happens to be stronger than my hatred for what it currently is.