DBD Post patch console rant.


The current state of issues on console can no longer be minimized by labeling them as "fps drops". These are game breaking issues that makes attempting to enjoy your product or even participate competitively a massive waste of time rendering it officially broken.

What really bothers me is consoles are one uniform spec of hardware, there is no way you had no idea this was going to happen with the release of the RE chapter patch unless you did not at any point play test the product on console before rolling out the update and then accepting money for the chapter from your entire console community knowing full well you was breaking the product which was only just hanging in there at 45fps, but workable.

When updates break on PC you have a million untested hardware configurations that could create problems, issues are expected, consoles do not have that problem, you had 5/6 preset uniform machines to test it on, all of which are suffering the exact same issue, did you not test it or did you just release it anyway to cash in at our expense ?.

To not have had the issue acknowledged for how game breaking it is and be given a proper apology/compensation is genuinely awful on your part. Coming back to the game from playing for the first year of PC launch I was very happy to see BHV as a company had blown up with success from the game and I'm very sad to see the weekly base touching indie dev team appears to be choosing the path of EA/Actiblizzard.

The BHV I remember would never have drowned the biggest thread in the history of your forums regarding performance in total radio silence, a real shame.

Here's just a few clips from this evening testing out post patch:


https://youtu.be/B3rzWVvNjJk https://youtu.be/jlZ1DJgyw9k


https://youtu.be/7T77nuW8-e8


https://youtu.be/LXorRAxy5wo

https://youtu.be/QtHZdWVg_RI


Playstation share smooths out the stutter a bit and makes it look more like lag than it stuttering, I guess it's from the hard drive choking when it happens, needless to say the game is no longer about skill but simply coin flips. For the record the footage was taken on a ps pro set to 1080p on a tv set to gaming mode.

Glad I bought all the killers in anticipation for the event...


Rant over, peace.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2321659#Comment_2321659

    The SSD helping mask the reality of the problems might buy you 4 more chapters balanced on top of the spaghetti monster before even that's not good enough. A playstation 3 could run the graphics of DBD, the issues have nothing to do with hardware specs.

    Not going to mess with my ps4 since every other game works perfectly.

    I will just move on to other games if this isn't fixed.

    Edit: I already stopped playing since yesterdays update.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    The current state of issues on console can no longer be minimized by labeling them as "fps drops". These are game breaking issues that makes attempting to enjoy your product or even participate competitively a massive waste of time rendering it officially broken.

    What really bothers me is consoles are one uniform spec of hardware, there is no way you had no idea this was going to happen with the release of the RE chapter patch unless you did not at any point play test the product on console before rolling out the update and then accepting money for the chapter from your entire console community knowing full well you was breaking the product which was only just hanging in there at 45fps, but workable.

    When updates break on PC you have a million untested hardware configurations that could create problems, issues are expected, consoles do not have that problem, you had 5/6 preset uniform machines to test it on, all of which are suffering the exact same issue, did you not test it or did you just release it anyway to cash in at our expense ?.

    To not have had the issue acknowledged for how game breaking it is and be given a proper apology/compensation is genuinely awful on your part. Coming back to the game from playing for the first year of PC launch I was very happy to see BHV as a company had blown up with success from the game and I'm very sad to see the weekly base touching indie dev team appears to be choosing the path of EA/Actiblizzard.

    The BHV I remember would never have drowned the biggest thread in the history of your forums regarding performance in total radio silence, a real shame.

    Here's just a few clips from this evening testing out post patch:

    https://youtu.be/B3rzWVvNjJk

    https://youtu.be/jlZ1DJgyw9k

    https://youtu.be/7T77nuW8-e8

    https://youtu.be/LXorRAxy5wo

    https://youtu.be/QtHZdWVg_RI

    Playstation share smooths out the stutter a bit and makes it look more like lag than it stuttering, I guess it's from the hard drive choking when it happens, needless to say the game is no longer about skill but simply coin flips. For the record the footage was taken on a ps pro set to 1080p on a tv set to gaming mode.

    Glad I bought all the killers in anticipation for the event...

    Rant over, peace.

    That's really unfortunate. I play on Switch and haven't experienced this (fortunately). I can definitely see how this would be difficult to play.

  • @Patrick1088 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261974/dbd-post-patch-console-rant

    That's really unfortunate. I play on Switch and haven't experienced this (fortunately). I can definitely see how this would be difficult to play.

    I think the main difference there is an actual ton of work would have had to have gone into just getting a version of the game to work on switch to begin with, the Xbox and PS4 you can just do a bad port and slap a label on it.

1 2 ›