I can shed some light on the whole "tunneling increased" tactic
Normally when I play spirit I tunnel but someone suggested make your choice as a perk.
I was playing make your choice spirit and I would go for the unhooker instead of the hooked. This worked for awhile I was getting really nice exposed downs it was great.
And despite hooking all 4 survivors once or twice gens were still finishing super fast. I absolutely couldn't provide any pressure and I was hooking them all and constantly on top of gens.
Then I realized something. It was always the survivor with the least amount of hooks going for the unhook to provide the least amount of pressure. SWF knew I was running MYC and took advantage of it they weren't scared of it like solos are.
So I was actually providing no pressure to the survivors I downed and hooked and then sooner or later all 5 gens are done despite constantly POPPING them I get like 7-9+ pops a match and it wasn't enough to pressure gens.
So then I took off MYC and started tunneling again and oh my god gens got much easier to pressure and survivors were panicking more and making mistakes because of it. Doesn't matter how much you deal with gens if all 4 survivors are alive you'll never provide enough pressure.
Comments
It's certainly true currently that if you're down to 3 gen and you haven't secured a kill you've failed to take control of the game, never used to feel this way, not sure what's changed.
yeah like it doesn't matter how many times you hook someone the only hook that matters is death hook.
Survivors know this and will willingly let you down them if it provides basically no pressure on them.
But tunneling is absolutely not in the survivor's favor and provides an insane amount of pressure that the other 3 survivors are now forced to try and get in the way to prevent the kill.
Hey welcome back Tony, we missed you.