I'd rather 2 chapters this year with major health updates how about you?
So first off I know there are different teams for each part of the game, and I love chapters as much as the next person but I'd rather other things be worked on and slow down on chapters just for the one year.
What I'd rather them work on instead of chapters 1&3:
More simple things like Older perks reworked, some addons and offerings changed to be useful.
More complex things such as extra game features from daily for both sides, increased bp cap per trial, changes to the grind, prestige etc. Average wait times, solo custom games etc. As well as adding map variants to killer without a map (twins and blight for example)
This isn't a post to complain and I know the devs go on about constant health updates but I'd rather them take more time and catch up to where were at. Does anyone feel the same?
Feels like the devs are pushing alot of content without it being top quality when a whole rework of the perks can offer just as much content as a new chapter.
Comments
They kinda do that with the mid chapter patch with perk buffs and new game mechanics but I see what your talking about but I don’t know what new features they could add
Here's how I see this playing out. The devs put out 2 killers a year instead of 3 or 4, but the game health still doesn't improve very much because they'll work on their own time as they have and procrastinate.
Yeah but the issue is they're looking at a single killer, by the time we get through everything it will be far too long. So many perks and addons are just completely unused and ignored. As for other features alot of the basic grind improvements would be a welcome addition as well as map variants just to add extra things while updating the outdated aspects of the game
I'm not saying they should or shouldn't do this but, I will say this. If this WERE to happen then I hope everyone will be okay with having a LOT more licensed content because they'd need to bring back a lot of players with big "main" content gaps. It sucks to say this but, we the community would love to see really big gameplay/general heath updates but the general public? Nope, the general public couldn't care less, they just like seeing whatever new "main" content get added, ESPECIALLY if it's licensed, then they play for a bit and leave it until the next chapter.
That said though, I wouldn't mind this, I actually prefer the licensed content in general and I REALLY want to see some big shakeups and changes in the future. One of the big ones is just having good stability across all platforms but, seeing as how optimization has basically been a issue since the start of DBD, I think that's going to be a never-ending battle. One small change that I've wanted ever since I started playing back in 2017 is just... please, remove perk tiers at this point. It would be such a good health update for new players so they don't feel overwhelmed right from the start and hate the grind.