A realization! *LONG POST*

THIS GAME IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOU FEEL FRUSTRATED.
Listen, hear me out. I may sound like a crazy person right now, and that's completely fine. I play both survivor and killer, and this game is asymmetrical.

Of course, at the moment it is very survivor sided. This is coming from a solo-survivor main! Rank 10 has been my highest at max, and rank 9 for killer! (I hardly ever play killer anymore because of how stressful it is for me).

Playing as a survivor, you have 4 perks. That may not always workout for you, in case you do screw up in it. With the new patch, its more killer-sided at the moment because I noticed, in my solo games that playing as survivor is so much more easier. Well, was now because self care has been nerfed and gens are taking sometime now. The devs wanted to make this game more challenging for us survivors, and their goal in the beginning was to keep us on our feet at all times.

You are never safe in this game! Ever. You must watch out for every little mistake you do, because time is a cost in this game. With each mistake both killers, and survivors make; it always will cost you something. Esp when it comes to killers. This is where killers come in; long chases, attempts of "taunts" with teabagging, harassment messages, survivors taking games hostage, getting stunned, I won't mention bodyblocking but apparently that's considered another form of a taunt that is toxic? It's part of game play though. Just hit em honestly.

As for survivors, you are being hunted at all times! Never let your guard down around killers, and the mistakes made will always come at a cost (unless you were lucky at the moment!) Camping killers, being tunneled, accidentally bumping into something in result of getting you downed, maybe getting caught or the game bugs out. It sucks, and its unlucky but you can't expect to always get away unharmed every single time. Its just super unrealistic.

This game is supposed to be challenging on both sides. Yes it can be frustrating on both sides as well, which is kinda why the community can be really toxic at times. If you're starting to feel really mad at the game honestly I suggest taking a break, it really does work out when you quit for sometime and then trying again because when you feel really annoyed, or mad while playing you play a lot worse due to lack of concentration.

This game will also never, ever be 100% balanced because killers will ALWAYS be stronger than survivors.

Comments

  • "Killers will ALWAYS be stronger than survivors"

  • @yeet said:
    "Killers will ALWAYS be stronger than survivors"

    At least good killers LMAO.

  • Gamzello said:

    @yeet said:
    "Killers will ALWAYS be stronger than survivors"

    At least good killers LMAO.

    Marth88 proved that decent survivors will win every single time, regardless of the killers skill.
  • @Gamzello oh yes. One of the reliable measures of a game if it can make you mad. If it can, it's probably a good game.
    DBD is right up there qith QWOP :D

  • Just one mistake with killer can definitely ruin your game. I swung and missed at an injured survivor last night and couldn't get them again for over a minute.
    Just that one mistake was enough to change the whole result of the match...talk about pressure...

  • Killers need to learn not to respect every singel pallet and fall for the same jukes over and over again tbh

  • @yeet said:
    Gamzello said:

    @yeet said:

    "Killers will ALWAYS be stronger than survivors"

    At least good killers LMAO.

    Marth88 proved that decent survivors will win every single time, regardless of the killers skill.

    have you seen marth88 play as survivor without his squad? Doesn't win every single time.

  • @yeet said:
    Gamzello said:

    @yeet said:

    "Killers will ALWAYS be stronger than survivors"

    At least good killers LMAO.

    Marth88 proved that decent survivors will win every single time, regardless of the killers skill.

    And what did the devs say about that?

    https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyEagerAlfalfa4Head

    7 months later, nothing happened

  • benzos said:

    @yeet said:
    Gamzello said:

    @yeet said:

    "Killers will ALWAYS be stronger than survivors"

    At least good killers LMAO.

    Marth88 proved that decent survivors will win every single time, regardless of the killers skill.

    have you seen marth88 play as survivor without his squad? Doesn't win every single time.


    I don’t really watch DBD youtubers as much but I can definitely check it out
  • @yeet said:
    Gamzello said:

    @yeet said:

    "Killers will ALWAYS be stronger than survivors"

    At least good killers LMAO.

    Marth88 proved that decent survivors will win every single time, regardless of the killers skill.

    And what did the devs say about that?

    https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyEagerAlfalfa4Head

    7 months later, nothing happened

    OOF I’m not really sure I’ve had to try hard against really good survivors before and I was lucky enough to get 3-4 at times but sometimes it’s almost impossible.

    Had to give up on playing killer it’s way too stressful for me lmao
  • Yeah. The game is supposed to be frustrating. Realized that a long time ago. My friends are kinda new to the game so they get super bent out of shape about everything. I just don't ever care if I live or die or kill 4 people or 0. It's certainly situational. I've always considered myself a killer main. But I've been rank 1 every season on both sides... Well the seasons I have played. I do like to take a few months off and come back after a long break. I personally never use add-ons as killer and never camp tunnel. I get so frustrated when I play survivor and get face camped or face like a perma t3 Myers w/ Tombstone.

    Right now the frustrating part of the game is I'm learning how to Nurse. And I get like 3 DC's a game. I'm not even good at it and they don't care. Instant DC. Then I gotta try and be somewhat nice to the 1 or 2 guys that actually stay in the game.

  • @GrannyonAcid said:
    Yeah. The game is supposed to be frustrating. Realized that a long time ago. My friends are kinda new to the game so they get super bent out of shape about everything. I just don't ever care if I live or die or kill 4 people or 0. It's certainly situational. I've always considered myself a killer main. But I've been rank 1 every season on both sides... Well the seasons I have played. I do like to take a few months off and come back after a long break. I personally never use add-ons as killer and never camp tunnel. I get so frustrated when I play survivor and get face camped or face like a perma t3 Myers w/ Tombstone.

    Right now the frustrating part of the game is I'm learning how to Nurse. And I get like 3 DC's a game. I'm not even good at it and they don't care. Instant DC. Then I gotta try and be somewhat nice to the 1 or 2 guys that actually stay in the game.

    Doesn't use addons when playing killer. Look at this mad lad!

  • @Gamzello said:
    benzos said:

    @yeet said:

    Gamzello said:

    @yeet said:
    
    "Killers will ALWAYS be stronger than survivors"
    
    
    
    At least good killers LMAO.
    

    Marth88 proved that decent survivors will win every single time, regardless of the killers skill.

    have you seen marth88 play as survivor without his squad? Doesn't win every single time.

    I don’t really watch DBD youtubers as much but I can definitely check it out

    ya i was just saying that because the marth88 experiment gets brought up all the time because he's with his squad. They're really good as a team with a simple goal to leave the match even if it means sacrificing their teammate. Put them solo and the team's success rate drops a lot.

  • @Gamzello said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @yeet said:

    Gamzello said:

    @yeet said:
    
    "Killers will ALWAYS be stronger than survivors"
    
    
    
    At least good killers LMAO.
    

    Marth88 proved that decent survivors will win every single time, regardless of the killers skill.

    And what did the devs say about that?

    https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyEagerAlfalfa4Head

    7 months later, nothing happened

    OOF I’m not really sure I’ve had to try hard against really good survivors before and I was lucky enough to get 3-4 at times but sometimes it’s almost impossible.

    Had to give up on playing killer it’s way too stressful for me lmao

    I get stressed too but if you're ok with 2 kills on avg then you're good!