I feel like Dead by Daylight is not the same as before.

This is my perspective on how I feel about the state of the game today.

  • With this new chapter of Resident Evil, I see that Behavior has half the licenses that we could have, one of the largest I mean. Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Stranger Things, Silent Hill and Resident Evil for me are one of the biggest licenses that we could have, a cooperation between the most popular slasher cinema, one of the most popular Netflix series and one of the greatest video games that marked the childhood of many today.
  • My point is that I feel that Dead by Daylight has lost strength by obtaining license killers, for example I would say to Nemesis, I expected more from him, I expected him to be more lethal, but it is simply another killer from a distance for his tentacle attack. Think that lately killers like Trickster are very boring because he is a combination of ranged killer powers, like Huntress. They have really lost creativity except for the implementation of AI in Nemesis, they lack originality to create new powers but create variants of existing ones. It is clear that the killers need skill to be able to dominate the map, but they do not resort to new forms and are dedicated to creating existing variants of powers, Blight is a mix between Hillbilly and Legion, Trickster a mix between Huntress and Nemesis a mix between Pyramid-Head and Myers.
  • With this issue of licenses, open several that you want us to have, such as Alien, FNAF, Outlast, Candyman, etc. But sometimes I think about how we got here, it is good to have licenses and icons, but the problem is that they cannot bring more content of them unless they negotiate, an original killer may be the best, but it will not be the same as one of already well known license. My point is that we don't have a lot of content through licenses and most of them are predetermined or very little. As we move away from the Slasher 80's theme, the last license I could say was Nightmare on Elm Street. Which I yearn for that theme to return and for that feeling that feeling of having classic licenses, Alien or Friday the 13th is what is missing.
  • Also going back to the game itself, I still see Dead by Daylight indifferent, The new graphic change could be said that it changed my perspective of the game a lot, perhaps also because I have been playing about 1128 hours and that changes my way of seeing it, The Realm Beyond I feel like it has improved a lot, but old maps are easy to stick to, the old texture, The HUD change that not many liked at first, etc. In general, Dead by Daylight changed, but lost the essence of the old DbD, as it looked at the beginning.
  • The performance problems, unforgivable bugs and the current state of balance is what has bothered me the most so far, sometimes I think that Dead by Daylight will never be balanced, it is a game with a lot of potential but it has its flaws.

Comments

  • Thank god, I would lever play how it was back then, I agree however the performance problems are very annoying but they will be fixed in the future, know one knows when though.

  • To be fair, there's only so much you could do with Nemesis. The most iconic thing about him would be absolutely broken and his mutations need to be limited.

    The studdering bug is complete dog #########, but that will be hashed out.

    Then the licenses. I always find it interesting reading that. Like, if they don't have any more licenses the game will flop. I find that incredibly hard to believe, I mean it could be more difficult to bring in newer die hard horror fans, unless they heard about dbd.

    I never cared for the game and then one night I got home from work, looked at my horror movie collection and I saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre, never watched it before, then I absolutely fell in love with this movie. It made me a die hard fan of the series, I get on dbd and I see the man himself. Leatherface.

    Now, as for the powers that seem like they're just watered down versions of other killers..

    Yeah? For the longest time that just felt the same.

    Teleport: Demo, Nurse, Freddy, Hag

    Long range focused teleport: Demo, and Freddy

    Exceptional Speed as a chaser: Blight, Oni, Hillbilly, Legion, Wraith (now he is)

    Ranged: Huntress, Plague, Clown,Deathslinger, Pyramid Head, Trickster, Nemesis

    Special Lunge: Demo, and Twins

    Crowd control: Trapper, Hag, Freddy, Clown,, Deathslinger, Twins, and Pyramid Head.

    Do you see what I'm saying? This isn't brand new, but it's been highlighted. You can only really explore new territories without it being blatantly broken. Having the stuff I listed here makes it quicker to build a character and safer.

    Though, if they took awhile to released a new character because they were working on a new mechanic, then I'll be happy