Reverse Map Offerings

Offerings that "Tremendously" reduce the chance of getting a certain map. Thoughts?

Comments

  • On the one hand, I would love being able to go "I will play any map but Raccoon City Police Department this game", or being Trapper and going "Anywhere but Hawkins, thanks", or having a hex build and going "Not Autohaven"... but oof, can you imagine the bloodweb clutter? You already never find green offerings thanks to all of the map selectors being there; this'd just double that problem or create it on a different rarity. I think most people would rather pick a map than pick one map not to go to, especially because most people hate more than one map.

    Now, if there was an offering to increase/reduce the chance of getting an indoor or outdoor map? Hell yes. That's broad enough to be worth adding while being impactful enough to matter.

  • @Laluzi said:

    On the one hand, I would love being able to go "I will play any map but Raccoon City Police Department this game", or being Trapper and going "Anywhere but Hawkins, thanks", or having a hex build and going "Not Autohaven"... but oof, can you imagine the bloodweb clutter? You already never find green offerings thanks to all of the map selectors being there; this'd just double that problem or create it on a different rarity. I think most people would rather pick a map than pick one map not to go to, especially because most people hate more than one map.

    Now, if there was an offering to increase/reduce the chance of getting an indoor or outdoor map? Hell yes. That's broad enough to be worth adding while being impactful enough to matter.

    You're right. With the current state of the bloodweb there will just be too much stuff. Not a good idea to add more stuff in.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There already basically is one, so I don't see the need for more bloodweb bloat - The Sacrificial Ward cancels out all map offerings and the base chance of any given map being selected is already very low because of how many maps are in the game.

    I was thinking more on the lines of: "I never want to play Coldwind Farm with this killer" and put that offering on.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2311391#Comment_2311391

    Yeah, I see what you mean. As is, though, the odds of getting Coldwind are already relatively low to the point where you probably won't get much mileage out of a "don't send me here" offering. Let's say you level up to level 50 and get like 5 of these things, which would actually be quite a lot for a specific green offering. There are 36 individual maps in the game and 16 realms. Coldwind is 5 maps for 1 realm. I don't know exactly how maps are chosen (for example, is the realm picked randomly first and then is a map within the realm picked randomly, or are all maps just put in a hat and it picks one at random), but the odds of getting a Coldwind game are still going to be well under 20% (which is what you'd need to expect your 5 offerings to prevent playing even one match on Coldwind).

    Plus, just selfishly, I don't like any of the map offerings and view them as pure bloat on the bloodweb. I don't really care that much where we play, bringing one prevents me from bringing a BP offering, and they're all green rarity, so they're expensive too. Adding another one just increases the amount of bloat in my bloodwebs.

    You would be surprised. I have been playing trickster this past couple of days and I keep getting coldwind for some reason. Like 80% of the games I feel. I know others have had ridiculous streaks of the same map in the past. Don't know why it happens but it does.

  • I have a better idea, just delete map offerings altogether. In a game with so unbalanced maps its ridiculous you can choose where to play

  • You're probably right. And the issue here would be bloodweb clutter. Still, if I could use an offering that would aid my perceptual experience I would find it useful.

  • @Drekathar said:

    Offerings that "Tremendously" reduce the chance of getting a certain map. Thoughts?

    Why? You could either use Sacrificial Ward or use your own map offering.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261155/reverse-map-offerings

    Why? You could either use Sacrificial Ward or use your own map offering.

    It was just a thought but basically it'd be nice if you could get random maps BUT one particular type of map.