How are people feeling about this patch?

I just don't know how to feel about it. I'm seeing less camping, but more tunneling, chases are way way shorter, pallets seem really reduced, game time is really shortened to either a quick 4k or 2 people gen rushing and escaping. Meta perks didn't really change or non meta perks being more effective, people are grabbing more medkits I noticed. Hooking animation and sounds are really weird now.

Comments

  • Overall, I think they are taking the game in the right direction. I agree that the hooking animation needs adjusted. It just looks silly now and doesn't match the actual progress bar. I definitely like the new blind effect when playing as a killer. It is much, much easier on the eyes. I like the changes to Haddonfield. It is much easier to navigate. I don't think Sabotage was tuned up enough to become meta. I expect some people will experiment with Sabotage for a little while before they realize that it is still a pretty bad strategy.

    I think the largest change that will have the greatest impact on the game is the change to healing. I think that was a good change though. I agree with all of the perk changes, but I don't think any of them will have a large impact on the meta. The Spirit is pretty close to where I would like to see her. Those were nice changes. If they would just lose the necessity to have a full charge before using her ability then she would be set.

  • Great. Gens are being done slower and survivors have a chance to actually wiggle free. It’s a fantastic patch. 
  • As far as I can tell, this patch seems to be pretty balanced.

  • Good patch. Looks balanced for both sides. 
    It doesn't solve gen rushing, like announced and expected. But makes some new builds viable. 
  • About time I think. Generally leans towards killers, yes, but doesn't go too far either. It's exactly what we needed. As a survivor, you don't "lose" if you die in the game, whereas as killer you're a failure if there are no kills.
    I had 4 games as survivor today, died in three, and they were all good games. The healing change is particularly good, now you actually have to take being injured seriously.

    I think one of the problems with this game is that we were too used to a relatively easy escape when playing survivor. This has to be changed. It's a horror game I hear.
  • Patch is pretty balanced. I didn't realize how long 16 seconds actually was until I was in a game myself. Overall, pretty good! There's a chance that you can wiggle out, hooks don't spawn so nearby each other anymore. I honestly think the chases are a lot longer but with gens taking more time to finish now, (unless you got a good team).

    Flashlight has been actually fixed, I remember where you actually had to aim down a little bit more than just the head (around the neck) so thank god they fixed that!

    Other than all of that: really liked this patch so far, I'm satisfied.

  • I really dig it. It’s a good step in the right direction

  • @Dreamnomad said:
    Overall, I think they are taking the game in the right direction. I agree that the hooking animation needs adjusted. It just looks silly now and doesn't match the actual progress bar. I definitely like the new blind effect when playing as a killer. It is much, much easier on the eyes. I like the changes to Haddonfield. It is much easier to navigate. I don't think Sabotage was tuned up enough to become meta. I expect some people will experiment with Sabotage for a little while before they realize that it is still a pretty bad strategy.

    I think the largest change that will have the greatest impact on the game is the change to healing. I think that was a good change though. I agree with all of the perk changes, but I don't think any of them will have a large impact on the meta. The Spirit is pretty close to where I would like to see her. Those were nice changes. If they would just lose the necessity to have a full charge before using her ability then she would be set.

    I'm going to disagree with you on the change to sabotaging... not the perk itself, but the action. With the changes to the hook spawning logic, it can now be a very valuable strategy. I actually had a game the other day where I found an Alex's toolbox in a chest (plunderer's instinct) and I decided to break the hooks on half the map. She downed me in the area, and had to drop me and leave me because she knew she couldn't get me to a hook. I did end up leaving with the toolbox :3

    On the main topic, I'm happy with the patch. Nothing major (exceptions being the hook spawning logic and healing), but many, many, MANY small changes that I appreciate. A small one I really love is being able to see the offerings in the pause menu. So many matches I've started without seeing the screen and was like "Uh...what was burnt, again?"

  • I'm seriously digging spirit right now. She feels amazing on small maps with the new Prayer Beads + Monitor&Abuse.
    It's like Scratched Mirror Myers without having to play on Lery's every game!
  • I just don't like how they made noed have the insta down for tiers 1 and 2 since now killers will rely even more on that perk rather than actually improving their gameplay

  • This content has been removed.
  • I just don't like how they made noed have the insta down for tiers 1 and 2 since now killers will rely even more on that perk rather than actually improving their gameplay

    DS also works on tier 1 and 2.
    SC gives the same heal on every tier.
  • @ZombieGenesis said:
    Using NOED doesn't mean the killer is a bad player. No more than a survivor using self-care means they are a bad player. Endgame strats are legit and the game isn't over till the last survivor is dead or has escaped.

    Using NOED is just giving up a perk slot for the potential gain at the very end of a match.
    Preparation for a worst case scenario, more or less. Works really well in the gen-rushing meta.

  • @akbays35 said:
    I just don't know how to feel about it. I'm seeing less camping, but more tunneling, chases are way way shorter, pallets seem really reduced, game time is really shortened to either a quick 4k or 2 people gen rushing and escaping. Meta perks didn't really change or non meta perks being more effective, people are grabbing more medkits I noticed. Hooking animation and sounds are really weird now.

    Well devs didnt adress the gen situation, so.....