What's with the afk killers.

I'm starting to see alot of killers standing in one spot and hitting air...I get that this is to farm points but it ruins my experience and it's becoming more common recently.

Comments

  • oh god is botting back
  • @ermsy said:
    I'm starting to see alot of killers standing in one spot and hitting air...I get that this is to farm points but it ruins my experience and it's becoming more common recently.

    I feel it's my reward for dealing with campers and lag switchers. I will farm the hell out of points off of these with no remorse considering BHVR seems to not want to fix the glitch where killers can dc survivors to force them to depip lose items and get 0bp

  • Basically what yeet said just above, this would be a case of 'botting'.
    Botting is when Killers AFK with a certain program active that makes them click, therefore swing their weapon, the entire time the match is taking place. They don't play the game at all, in fact they do this to farm for themselves and allow Survivors to farm, as the Killer swinging can hit the Survivors and the other Survivors just heal them.
    It's definitely a bannable offense and you should make sure that, if a Killer was botting during the trial, you report them in the post-game menu. Botting goes under Unsportsmanlike Conduct I believe.
    While other Survivors might see an opportunity with this to get more points, I'm not sure whether them actually taking part in it (farming with botting Killers) is bannable. You might need to ask the game devs about that.