Killer idea. Zombie...s! As in a horde!

I know, I know, zombies. Woo. Everyone has zombies, but hear me out!

You don't play as one zombie, but a swarm of them when they're at their most dangerous! 
Shamblers. Not rage zombies, either. Running takes coordination. Zombies don't  have coordination!... personal zombie preferences aside... 

As you shuffle around, there's about 4, 5, or maybe 6 other zombies following you. You can use them to help block escape routes, hit people near by, corner people, etc.
It can help interrupt the hell out of loops. 
You aren't terribly fast, but you are excellent at denying escape routes, corralling, etc.

Maybe they have an addons where if you sacrifice someone they become zombies as well, and can hunt other survivors! Imagine the potential revenge! Some jackals hook farmed you? Idiots wouldn't do gens?
Or it could be built in!
Zombie survivors get blood points as a killer in addition to the survivor points to help ensure they take a shine to their new job.

Maybe an addons would be zombie blood which infects, and generally slows survivors, or make them make more noise, or be harder to heal, or small penalties across the board.

An addon to increase the size of your horde?

The weapon is the classic grab, and bite, then the survivor fights them off on the first hit, then goes dying the next time unable to handle the injuries, and infection combo.

Perks could be "expert night hunter" which limits the heck out of the ability to blind the killer, and let's them hear better, or it creates scent marks that help them track better.
One of my favorite authors posits that zombies use all of their senses more effectively than the living, not reliant on one, like we are sight.
Zombies with decayed eyes can still hunt. 

Most other perk ideas of mine already exist, though. I.e.
To quote a horror movie (guess which one?) "No brain, no pain!" Which would limit some stuns like from DS. 

Not sure about a third.

The trailing zombies have some autonomy. If you see a survivor they attack that survivor, if you are in a chase, they chase, too, up to a certain distance away from you, and they attack on their own, but with low efficiency so they aren't like auto hit drones.
Maybe if they are near a pallet they automatically smash it, but at a slower rate than normal as zombies are known to claw, and tear at barricades. 
They can hit body blockers, hook swarmers, etc.

The zombified survivors have complete autonomy, and act like the original zombie.

This is just a quick brainstorm.

Comments

  • Very creative, I would love this.
    Sadly however, I think this idea might be too complicated to implement in the game, but that's what wish lists are for I suppose.

  • I don't think this would fit in the game

  • @SIX said:
    I don't think this would fit in the game

    I suppose it could be adjusted to "the hivemind" instead. I don't know if that fits any better, but you are probably right that zombies isn't very DbB-like now that I think of it.

    So instead of being an undead hoard, they are victims infected by a parasite, put there by the doctor.

    Not that it matters, since again; this is probably way out of scope of the games allowed mechanics.

  • Single zombie but they have a built in Mori perk standard ivory rules that once done mutates them making them faster and the one That you Mori becomes a zombie them selves and thus can Mori another person whole new trophy sets (I mean one for not being a zombie curing infection from special chests like jigsaw box's one for turning them all or winning without turning anyone or being last man standing and escaping but keep the radius thing were a zombie cannot move far from the host zombie without slowing down to a dead stop (like the moment heartbeat goes they stop) could be good for mind games especially if they cant see without the heartb