Why in the world are they so scared of blood hunts?

I don't get why BHVR is so hesitant to just give the players a blood hunt during events.. Especially as large as the anniversary event. .. Blood hunts are the best part of any event. It is literally turning on a switch to let players get more bp for playing their game. It is a special time of the year and yet they seem so hesitant to turn it on. Any event without a blood hunt instantly goes down in points for me and instantly turns me off. I am sure I'm not the only one with this opinion either. As I can almost guarantee the forums will be flooded with "Where is the blood hunt" posts because that is what almost always happens when they don't give the players a blood hunt during events.

JUST ACTIVATE BLOOD HUNT. LET CAKES STACK. LET THE PLAYERS ENJOY THEIR TIME DURING THE LIMITED PERIOD EVENT.

Comments

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2307387#Comment_2307387

    That was back when they didn't have as many players, the grind for bloodwebs was even worse, and they actually sorta gave a #########. Now, they have a ton of new players thanks to RE that they're terrified of losing so quickly, so they believe the grind will help keep them around (because their logic is you don't want to stop playing DbD after grinding so much and spending so many bloodpoints building your characters)

    It still is a weird logic tho. We need more BP.

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:

    The longer the grind, the more time people keep playing. The longer people play, the more time they have to be enticed to buy DLC and cosmetics.

    Yep, this is exactly it. The devs aren’t stupid - in their view it’s the best way to keep people playing and spending money on the game. It’s not because they’re evil or stupid or hate the players, it’s simply a business decision. If it turns out to be a bad business decision because they start losing players or turning away potential new players, that’s the only thing that will force a change.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    I mainly don't get why the developers don't turn on even a blood rush(1.5 times bp gain event) for the weekends.

    It wouldn't "Break the blood point economy" and would encourage people to queue up more on the weekends.

    That's along with letting people who don't have a lot time to grind to enjoy the slightly faster progression.

    Totally agree. When I was playing battlefront 2 they would have like triple xp on wednesdays and double xp on weekends. and it for sure got me to play during those times where I wouldn't. We are talking about EVERY week too.. BHVR cannot even give us one of these for ONE OF THE TWO major events of the YEAR.

  • PSA: (for those that don't know) The cakes will stack.

    Screenshot_20210625-204417.png


    A BloodHunt Event would be much appreciated, though.

  • I didn't have to buy Hag or Doc and I'm on Xbox. I did buy Clown/Kate and my wife got them for free. It's all timing.

1 2 ›