Bodyblocking not working?
I was bodyblocking for a teammate and they stillgot hooked- I drew up a chart to help you understand why I think they dont work: THE BLUE IS ME and THE RED IS THE KILLER
Apparently, when she was hooked it just glitched me to the side of the hook- BHVR explain?

Comments
Maybe some latency issue?
Step on a lego and feel real pain.
Did you never get hit?
serves you right
If you're too close to the hook the killer can hook the survivor in my experience. For the same reason that blocking behind the killer in the right way works, as you push them too close to the hook to be able to start the hooking animation, keeping them out of the area where they get the prompt. At least from your little illustration it looks like this might've been the issue.
Try standing in the spot the killer "twitches" to when they start the hooking animation.