My thoughts on Nemesis so far + Strategy that I use at rank 1.

After I pumped like 4-5 Million BPs into him and still miss a lot of perks I finally managed to get BBQ and get it to Level 3. Didn't even bother to play until I got my BBQ.

All of my matches are played at Rank 1. I would've achieved Merciless 2 times if it weren't for DCs

The build I use in my matches:

  • Ruin - the main regressing perk. Spies from the Shadows is a solid perk on Nemesis, surprisingly.
  • Pop - back up plan
  • BBQ - BPs + Info
  • Corrupt - Mandatory 310%

Strategy.

Here's what I'm looking for when the match starts

  • Instantly check agro on zombies as soon as they spawn.
  • Patrol gens until I find someone to contaminate. Constantly checking on zombies as well.
  • After I contaminated them I move onto another gen that's not blocked hoping to contaminate as many people as possible in the early game. I achieve 2 MAIN things:
  1. I make sure they have no vaccines for the mid-game / end-game this way. This is mostly depending on RNG, on how many people I can find, the loops that are near, and so on.
  2. I try to reach Tier 2 as SOON AS POSSIBLE as it makes a very big difference. If I can achieve it before any gens pop that's amazing. The scales are tipped in my favor.

The other things I achieve by trying to contaminate as many people as possible in the early game is:

  • I'll know where every survivors are and how many are on a gen.
  • While pushing them off, Ruin will take care of the rest. Every little progress regressed matters.

After 1-2 min in the match and onwards

  • After I achieve my Tier 2 I can commit to chases preferably with contained people. I punch whoever is not contained and leave them for later if they get in my way or too many to focus on.
  • If your reactions are fast enough, you can respect pallets because your whip in Tier 2 doesn't allow them to get anywhere meaningful. Mainly because you can pull it out so fast. Ooof, Nemesis got a strong pull-out game, hah?
  • Try to contaminate the other survivors at all costs. But don't lose the game while doing it.
  • For the rest of the match, just do your thing.

Tactics:

  • If the loop is short & you can't see the survivor, go one direction and then instantly switch back and whip the vault / pallet the survivor just used. Most of the time, the survivor will jump right in your line of fire. You can pull this off only so many times before survivors start to expect it. If u end up breaking the pallet at least the survivor won't be making much distance. If the survivor prefers to leave these kinds of loops, pull out your tentacle, wait 1-2 sec, then immediately go around the loop to catch the survivor off-guard.
  • If the loop is short, you can use your tentacle over it.
  • If you are in the process of looping & the loop is short, both of you are on opposite sides, immediately turn back and whip your tentacle so you make the survivor run into it or directly whip him. Both the 1st and this example are very hard to react to unless you expect this kind of move.

What I would change:

  1. The cooldown on a missed tentacle decreased by 0.3-0.5 seconds.
  2. Didn't notice a decrease in cooldown when u hit a survivor with the tentacle. So maybe decrease the cooldown on a successful attack by 0.5-0.7 seconds and keep the cooldown on a missed attack the same or at least decrease it by 0.2 seconds.
  3. Tier 1 only contaminates, keep the speed boost if a survivor gets hit.
  4. Tier 2 removes the speed boost you receive if u get hit by a tentacle & contaminates you.
  5. Tier 3 straight up contaminating & injuring survivors. Maybe remove the +1 range you get as a counter-balance? Or keep it. If you've been recently vaccinated, for 1 minute at least, you don't get injured if u get by a Tier 3 Tentacle, this is just a slight idea.
  6. Decrease the number of vaccines by 2 AT LEAST from 5 to 3. The purple addon removing one should be reworked or kept the same as it can be seen as quite a powerful addon now. 5 is way too damn much !!! At least 3 please so survivors actually have some strategy behind using them...OR AT LEAST 4 PLEASE !!
  7. Increase the girth of a tentacle strike. It's way too damn thin in some cases.
  8. Increase the duration of Killer Instinct by 2-3 seconds when a survivor uses a Vaccine. It's incredibly short by default.
  9. Optional - increase the lingering effect after a tentacle strike by 1-2 seconds. Would make for some interesting tactics.
  • The nemesis could have a second passive ability and give increased move speed to zombies that are near you & the survivor you're chasing. Not the survivor, but the zombie gets a speed boost, just for clarification, the zombie only gets it when he's near you & and the survivor you're chasing.
  • You could make Nemesis command the zombies to stand in one place for example, for a duration of 3-5 seconds. This would make quite the obstacle for the survivor.

The 2 red addons:

  • One could lock you in Tier 1 and survivors hit while contaminated are put into the dying state. The trade-off could be the fact that you're locked in Tier 1 with all of its drawbacks & that they need to be contaminated. If this is too strong then increase the cooldown on a missed attack OR add 1 or 2 more vaccines.
  • I'm surprised no1 thought of making a red addon that puts 1 or 2 more zombies on the map. This would be such a fantastic addon to have. Quite strong as well. Don't give it a drawback, but if u want to give it one...Increase the timer needed for a zombie to spawn only a little bit OR if you plan to add 2 more zombies and have 4 in total make 2 of the zombies unable to spawn once killed making survivors avoid them like the plague or use pallets / Head On to kill them. Would see more Any Means Necessary & Head On as a result of this.
  • Another idea would be to make all survivors move 1-3% slower once they're contaminated.

Observations:

  • Adding add-ons that increase the range of the tentacle would make others obsolete as these would be considered A-tier / S-tier.
  • Adding an addon to increase the range while in Tier 1 is a good idea. I recommend it as a Brown-Tier or Yellow at best.
  • Other addon ideas or power ideas can be taken when looking at other killer's addons. This idea ^ came to me when I remembered Myers had an addon that increases his lunge while in Tier 1.
  • Nemesis can not compete with competent / decent survivors and in a SWF he can barely get a kill.

Note

  • Is this an exploit? When you strike with your tentacle you can press A or D to hit the survivor with the lingering effect. Apparently, you can look at a wall, strike the wall then move left or right and hit the survivor that's a vault or window. Just from what I've been testing. Sacrifices must be made.


Comments

  • MFW when no comments after putting effort into the post. I love the Feedback & Suggestions section.

    image.png


  • @Pilot said:

    MFW when no comments after putting effort into the post. I love the Feedback & Suggestions section.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UACAIG9QN6R1/image.png

    Your post is really great but I guess people didn't played enough him to give their opinions, I'm one of them.

    Well I didn't played a SINGLE match with him (Huntress main xD), but the speed boost for just infecting shouldn't be a thing, it should be on damage only. Like Plague you don't get speedboost when going injured from Vile Purge.

    I will dedicate my time playing with him and create my base of what I think of him.