Bloodweb problem
So i'm wanting to prestige Leon and gets some decent perks for him there's one problem i'm getting no other perk on my bloodweb other then Dead hard tier 2 only reason why i have dead hard is because i got it before reaching level 10 but the problem is i'm not level 17 why am i getting dead hard constantly i don't like dead hard because it's a confusing perk to use and well i just don't like it both as killer and survivor so why is it i get a rare perk instead of uncommon i'll want any uncommon perk even TINH.
Comments
I have a similar problem unlocking perks on a killer. First, I was forced to unlock a teachable I didn't want on my way to unlocking the one I did want. Then, on the next killer, it has given me every perk except the teachable I went through all the trouble of unlocking. For more than twenty Bloodwebs it has given me Distressing tier 2. I don't want Distressing tier 2, I want it to stay at tier 1, but I was finally forced to accept it or risk unlocking another teachable I don't want that will then pollute every killer's Bloodweb forever.
I'm tired of this. The game should let me purchase the option to remove a perk or teachable from the Bloodweb rather than being forced to unlock it. The RNG is an absolute nightmare. Twenty-some Bloodwebs with Distressing tier 2, not a single time did the teachable I unlocked show up. I have only unlocked two teachables, total. I'm seriously annoyed.
If your RNG is going to be this nightmarish, let players spend Bloodpoints to remove perks/teachables from the Bloodweb, at least temporarily. I shouldn't have to buy 13 perks I don't want to tier 3 just to get the one perk I do want, and the game should never force me to unlock a teachable.
It would sound like a bad idea so like
You want iron maiden for example but you want a better chance so you pain 4,000,BP to remove a teir 1 perk for let's say five bloodweb lines to give you a better chance at it right.
Like paying extra to buy tier 1 of a perk and then have it removed from the Bloodweb until maybe all other available perks on that character are unlocked or something. Because as is, after tier 1 the player also has to buy tiers 2 and 3 to get it off their Bloodweb and have a better chance at a perk they actually want. Right now, as things are, the player isn't just paying for tiers 2 and 3 of a perk that's in their way, they're also paying for the entire Bloodweb attached to those perks. That's a lot of freakin' BP, and it adds up sooooo much when after 50+ Bloodwebs they still don't have the perk they want.
Another reasonable way to handle it would be for only tier 1 of a perk to show up on the Bloodweb, and then the player specifically puts BP into that perk to tier it up outside of the Bloodweb. Considering the number of perks, that could still be many, many Bloodwebs before someone gets the perk they want, so it's not like doing that would decrease the grind to nothing.
And there needs to be a way to get the "unlock this teachable" nodes off the Bloodweb. No, I don't want to unlock these teachables and have them pollute every other character's Bloodweb for the rest of time, but it's an expensive pain to avoid them and the system can still force players into the purchase, which is permanent and affects all characters. That's not cool.
I just assumed that this was the way the procedural generation algorithm worked: They throw you a perk and if you don't want it, well, too bad. They'll keep throwing you the perk until you're forced to take it.
That's been my experience the whole time. I spent some shards to unlock BBQ a good month ago or more (I got lucky, it showed up in the Shrine) and while it DID show up immediately for Jill during the PTB, meaning that I couldn't use it beyond that, I have yet to see it show up for any other character in the "regular" game. Similarly I have a certain build that I really like which means four perks that are, in all truth, not major game changers individually, and two of them (Dark Sense and Kindred) are generic to begin with, but it doesn't matter. The game wants all of my survivors to have Deja Vu and Premonition instead.
Really, really, REALLY WANTS IT.