Boom totems, how I'm hoping they work discussion
So, basically a survivor hex... interesting. But how will they work? We just dont know, however I hope they work similar to killer hexs.
For me both killer and survivor should be able to destroy them. This way they can be Strong perks but are limited in use. Once destroyed you get the perk for so long. Or while active you get the effects until its destroyed.
This way you can have some interesting perks out there, and it allows alot more interaction between both sides.
With both sides being able to destroy them we can have trap boom totems, similar to haunted grounds but for the survivors.
Personally I really hope its not just a one way string perk for a survivor, I'd much rather it be interactable for both sides allowing for a bigger range of possibilities.
Comments
I think they are gonna be rather simple, 3 boon totems will spawn, a survivor cleanses it and they will get something like 5% repair bonus speed/heal speed for 30 seconds or something like that. Asking for a killer to break a ''survivor totem'' will put killers at a disadvantage since gen speeds are already super fast...having to look for and spend time destroying a totem will only slow the killer from the main objective, remember that when they anounced boon totems they said their intention was to introduce more objectives for the survivors to have not to distract the killer.
Well you see that's the issue, if boom totems improve action speeds it's not giving extra things to do its speeding the other up. I get what you're saying about the killer but they shouldn't be so strong a killer has to find them. But if a killer crosses one being able to destroy it to remove a strong perk would be interesting. Plus if both sides can interact with it you have many more possibilities for the effects. Limiting it would be a downside imo. The more something can bring to the game the better!
*Boon totems not boom XD
''Well you see that's the issue, if boom totems improve action speeds it's not giving extra things to do its speeding the other up''
if the time to break one of these new totems is something like 20 seconds and all it does is give you a slight buff it can help stop gen rushing even a little bit, which is what the devs intend by giving survivors more things to do instead of just smashing gens. Now the survivors will have to find hex and boon totems, I just wish they introduce a new mechanic for opening chests that actually forces survivors to open chests and not just when they are wounded and need a med kit
I think it’ll work like so:
A boon totem spawns in the trial, either at the beginning or when the perk’s condition is met. The totem can be destroyed by any Survivor. The totem itself:
Some extra notes of mine:
Lol thought it was boom, the sound I hear most trials in 20seconds lol. But it will depend on the speed, if it increases so much then there wouldn't be a point or why run a perk that makes you cleanse it instead of just doing the gen straight off. Idea is interesting but I feel action speeds is a lazy feature and could be far more interesting ideas out there like sharing info between survivors.
So you dont think killers should be able to interact with them? I kinda feel like running trap boon totems would be interesting and allow for alot more offensive effects that can impact the killer.
Guess I dont want them limiting the possibilities, they often have great ideas but never fully follow through