Something Interesting
I have noticed something interesting from my own experience, and other people's reports.
No matter what Killer you play, from Freddy to Hag to Nurse, if you play them for a LONG time, I mean upon months of honing your skills in that specific Killer - you can become GODLIKE!
From my own experience, I mained Wraith for well over a year, and although I do still say/agree that he is trash, I can perform amazingly with him! Of course, this is not every game - for the most part, my games are either everyone escaping and trashing me because of gen rush, or I ######### massacre them sending them running for the hills, and the last guy doesn't even have the option for the hatch. The point is, if you play mostly the same Killer for a large amount of time, it doesn't matter how bad they are, you can get really good at them.
I think that this is a special case for the weaker Killers, though - within the first few days of playing them, you have already reached the skill cap(except for Pig, I'll get to her later), but the rest of the time, you just get good at KIller in general(mind games).
And just a little extra thing here - I have been maining Pig for a little over a month now, and noticing mostly the same thing, but with a difference. When I started playing her, it was horrible and every match drove me closer to depression. But after a week, I had gotten a little better and was still doing kind of bad, but had at least some games where I pipped. The difference was this - I kept getting better. Right now, I pip most games as her(I do use perks and add-ons, and come to think of it, probably should try naked Pig to see where exactly I am with her), but I can still see areas of improvement for me. Mostly, it is just with the mindgames. Pig excels at mindgames - but not the usual ones you play at pallets. The thing that I absolutely love about Pig is that you get to know how matches will play out. For the most part, in your first week or 2 as Pig you will start to be able to predict what will happen in the match. It doesn't even really have anything to do with your power, it just comes naturally with playing Pig. Then, after another week or so, you start noticing that you can actively make a decision in the match that will best benefit you. In other words, you start controlling the match, at least to an extent. I still have a lot to teach myself, but I think that if I keep on going down this path, I may never leave little miss piggy as my main.
But anyways, what do you guys think? Have you noticed the same thing that I have? Or am I just a crazy person who simply gets lucky matches sometimes?
Comments
I think people noticed that you get better at the game the more you play it. Yes.
"Godlike" is only a term you can use when you play Nurse, or when the survivors are average and you still have an edge against them.
Survivors that do not make grevious mistakes will still very likely stomp you.
Of course you get better at a single killer, but you will never reach "godlike" status unless you play nurse, but thats only my opinion
I agree with the main point and that's why I'm completely against giving tier lists to newbie : it's better to be a great Trapper than a decent Nurse. We all eventually have a main (because the playstyle / mechanics fit us) and I try to convince people to stick on a killer they like instead of switching "by default" to Hillbilly / Nurse - they'll have better results in the long run.
However, to quote Matthieu Cote, every killer has limits, and some of them can be really frustrating in high ranks (infinites...), but overall the majority of killers can still perform well, I don't like this false idea of "Hillbilly / Nurse are the only killers viable at high ranks", it's just not true, they just have more tools available.
Marth88 is a godlike Wraith, yes, I said it!
Tbh I those matches where you have fun and do well is all pure luck that the survs weren't good and/or didn't gen rush you. You are probably a very good Pig, but Killers have this skill cap that can only be extended if the survs make mistakes. It sucks.
First of all I have to say that it is really nice to see people with such a positive motivation.
When i tried to get the Myers Achievement more then a year ago, I felt the exact same way of skill improval you had with the Pig. It's a great feeling of accomplishment and especially because Myers is probably the better killer in this case (which you might doubt as a Pig main, but that's just my opinion as a Billy main) I feel like you can notice that unrestrained improval with every killer.
I completely agree with what you said regarding to the "high skill cap" of your main killer, but I feel like you can generalize at some point. Describing a killer's actual strength by a reachable skill cap however always presupposes that the player makes no single mistake - and when i say mistake I don't only mean a lost mind game or something like that. Even taking the wrong direction while patrolling the generators can be a crucial mistake with regards to the complete course of the match. What I want to express is that you can never really say "Well I just played perfectly" as long as you don't know where every single survivor was at every single point of time - sounds exaggerated, but that's the only way to get 100 % ensurance.
I'm happy to actually notice someone, who got the same opinion on the possibility of activeley making decisions and influencing the course of the game like that, since there are many killers these days, that give up too early after a few brutal defeats - you need to get through these losses to actually improve!