Which killer perks need to be nerfed, in your opinion?

I would get rid of Noed or give it a massive overhaul. Rewarding killers end game who have played poorly is a broken feature and works against killers developing skill.


I would also say bbq and chili. Killer should see one players aura upon hooking another survivor.


which do you think need a rework or nerf?

Comments

  • I don't see any reason to nerf any killer perks. If anything a lot of them need massive buffs.

    I think noed shouldn't have the 4% speed buff though. In a game where if a killer camps or tunnels people say "rush gens" and then getting hit by noed because of this feels a little cheap sometimes. Just would like the speed reduced a little but that's the only perk I'd touch on the killer side.

  • In my opinion, no perk or killer should currently be nerfed, heavily that is, or reworked before the SBMM system comes out, to get proper matchmaking data on how the perks/killers perform.

  • I had no idea this many people in the DBD community genuinely believe BBQ is OP and deserves a nerfed. Of all the perks in this game...BBQ?

  • @Swimming_Bird said:

    I had no idea this many people in the DBD community genuinely believe BBQ is OP and deserves a nerfed. Of all the perks in this game...BBQ?

    People hoarded toilet paper...

  • Yeah, good point. It's just mind blowing. I understand frustration with perks like NOED and Rancor since they can feel bad to get hit with. I really don't get how BBQ is even a part of this discussion tbh. Unless people are just jealous that four stacks of BBQ are easier to get in a match than four stacks of WGLF, at least while playing normally. Which is understandable given the grind in this game.

  • I'd say none but


    Nerf: Pop- Reduce to 20%

    Buff: Brutal- Add a 5% regression to gens when kicked

  • I don't really think any perks are OP or in a need of a nerf. But there are perks that are weak or just pointless, like:

    • Beast of Prey.
    • Distressing.
    • Gearhead.
    • Furtive Chase.
    • Monstrous Shrine.
    • Play with Your Food.
    • Trail of Torment.

    I think all of these perks are in need of a change. Rework, buff them or whatever. They are in such a bad spot right now.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    NOED-->Rework it to something else which rewards the Killer only if they did well during the game. Like, something extra for a Killer who played well, but did not do good enough. Not for someone who got 2 Hooks and then has a big Speedboost and Instadown, for basically nothing.

    Ideas I liked:

    • OhTofu-->Remove Hex-Status, NOED grants 1 Token for each Hook, each Token gives 0,5% Movement Speed once Gates are powered, after a certain amount of Tokens, it gains the Instadown as well.
    • Otzdarva-->NOED grants a Token for every fresh Hook (up to a maximum of 4 at Tier 3), Survivors hit after all Gens are done are exposed, after downing a Survivor you lose 1 Token. All Tokens lost when the Hex is cleansed.

    Both ideas are good, because they reward the Killer instead of giving them something for free. It also removes the big benefit for Campers, it just sucks that a camping Killer can get 1 guaranteed Kill because of the camping and will get another Kill due to NOED, because there is no time to do all Gens AND all Totems.

    Tofus idea also removes the Hex-Status, which is great, because cleansing Dull Totems for a Perk the Killer might not even have is nonsense.

    Insidious-->I dont know what, but just rework it into something else. I dont care if it is weak or strong afterwards, for me, it can be even weaker than Monstrous Shrine afterwards. It is already a very weak Perk, but just encourages a very unhealthy gamestyle, so it should really be changed.

    Infectious Fright-->Either Basic Attack Requirement or something else. This Perk is a prime example of a badly designed Perk - it is almost useless on most of the Killers but can be too strong on some of them, mainly Nurse, Billy or (especially) Oni.. I dont really get why Perks like Surge or Knockout have Basic Attack Requirements, but Infectious Fright, which is way stronger, does not have this restriction. Like, it should not be possible that I play Billy and have 3 people slugged at the start of the game. They are not even able to get much distance, because the Terror Radius is still 32 meters and especially the high mobility Killers have no problem catching up.

    Wishs, but wont happen:

    Tinkerer-->It became a braindead Perk since its buff. But, I dont know what exactly should be done, because the Perk in itself is not too strong IMO. Also not high priority, certainly lower than the others I mentioned above.

    BBQ-->Just something which requires the Killer to spread Hooks to get their Stacks. Something like they can only gain Stacks as long as all Survivors are alive, but then there should be something which prevents the Survivor from suiciding to deny Stacks. IMO it is really annoying that players can tunnel out a single Survivor at 5 Gens and still get a massive amount of BPs just due to BBQ. Especially since the BP-gain for Killers is already much higher than for Survivors.

    That's a weird one honestly,because i feel like Infectious Fright is in a really good spot right now.

    The effect has to be earned by downing a survivor and even then, not every location ping from Infectious should also be acted upon.

    You need a good amount of decision making and game knowledge to effectively use this perk or else you make bad decisions and potentially throw the game for yourself.


    I dont really get why Perks like Surge or Knockout have Basic Attack Requirements, but Infectious Fright, which is way stronger, does not have this restriction

    Those perks shouldn't even have a basic attack requirement anyway


    Like, it should not be possible that I play Billy and have 3 people slugged at the start of the game. They are not even able to get much distance, because the Terror Radius is still 32 meters and especially the high mobility Killers have no problem catching up.

    I mean,if survivors stay grouped up like this and fail to spread out then it's on them.Not because Infectious is too strong.

  • OP baited y'all good.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2289999#Comment_2289999

    BBQ would still be used without the BP bonus. And in my opinion the BP bonus is what should be removed from the perk. I don't think BP gain should be tied to perks.

    Only by players who don't have better perks unlocked.

    Despite needing constant BP for the grind (since I'm prestiging a ton of survivors at the moment), I pulled BBQ off of killers who it doesn't work with at all if you're actually playing to do well, like Trapper or Hag, since you ideally don't want to leave their "territory" to go on a wild-goose chase across the map for someone who, if they're any good at the game, won't be there by the time you lug yourself over there. Pulled it off of Doctor as well, since he has a form of tracking built-in, and Ghostface, since there's simply better builds without BBQ. If I didn't play Pig so much, I would have yanked it off of her too. Not having it is making the grind worse, but builds to stay competitve at Red Rank can't afford perks that are there mostly for a BP boost, and there are just better options for all of the above if you actually want your game to go well.

    Take the BP away from BBQ, and I suspect the killers will be running Thrilling Tremors instead, a FAR better perk for every killer for info. Why would I want to see an aura of someone halfway across the map crouching behind a wall doing nothing, when I can have a perk that literally tells me what generator I need to go and pressure next -- and a perk that works at any distance? I already see TT used by a lot of good killers -- nerf BBQ, and that will probably be the new go-to perk -- which will then be inevitably followed by posts saying it "it gives info for nothing", "OP -- please nerf", and the other usual silliness you see around here (from both sides) about any perk that actually is useful in one way or another.

    For the record, I'm in favor of buffing WGLF to make it easier to get stacks, to have the survivor equivalent closer to BBQ (finishing a heal on another survivor or picking them up off of the ground, for example, could give a stack). With the insane grind currently in the game, messing around with one of the only ways to mitigate it would be a short-sided example of poor decision-making (which is why, I guess, with the current state of affairs in the game going on right now, I probably shouldn't be shocked if it WERE done 🙄).

  • @van9684 said:

    I would get rid of Noed or give it a massive overhaul. Rewarding killers end game who have played poorly is a broken feature and works against killers developing skill.

    I would also say bbq and chili. Killer should see one players aura upon hooking another survivor.

    which do you think need a rework or nerf?

    Nerfing BBQ would make less people use that perk and there will be more camping instead. But I have nothing against camping so might be better than killer seeing someone on a gen far away. But I see no problem with BBQ when playing survivor I just hide in locker or if I want killer to chase me I stay in the open close to a loop.

    That said there is no killer perk I see as OP so I would not want any of them nerfed.

  • starstruck... unfair.

  • @CapricornZeus3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291198#Comment_2291198

    Why? The grind is impossible already, if anything all the perks should have some sort of BP gain

    Why? Because it's 2021 and everyone deserves to be handed everything for zero effort?

    Heaven forbid killers have a perk that encourages survivor to play killer for a change. I mean... Could you imagine if a survivor main used BBQ to farm survivor perks, and also gain an understanding of how the other side feels and plays? The blasphemy...

  • @CapricornZeus3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291198#Comment_2291198

    Why? The grind is impossible already, if anything all the perks should have some sort of BP gain

    Perks that have BP gain associated to them prevent the devs from reducing the grind because then the already inflated BP gain with BBQ would be even worse.

  • no perks need a change, but I got a solution to ruin and NOED… just do bones! There are three perks that show you and help you find hexs. Or do you rank 20s need a fourth one?Solution to pop, use jills mine or repressed alliance.

    Jesus…..

  • In you opinion which killer perks need to be nerfed?

    none

1 2 3 ›