Scott Jund is "wrong" about spirit counterplay

Now this isnt really about Scott specifically or even that he's wrong about spirit counterplay, I just struggle to find the right words, and he is often at the center of these arguments for one reason or another. This is my video, I would have just made a discussion post about it, which probably would've been a better idea to get my point across, but I really don't want to type that much on a phone.

https://youtu.be/ZY-HZqJONi8

Any one agree or disagree? I'd love to talk more about in a civil manner

Comments

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I'm sorry, but I got a minute into that video and the Spirit missed easy hits twice.

    I'm not going to say whether you are right or wrong, I'm always desperate for any reasonable Spirit counterplay becuase I love playing Spirit and I want her to be fun to vs, but I don't think substandard gameplay is a good place to look for counterplay. May as just watch myself play at that point, gods know I screw up a lot with her.

    Like I said in the video, I really didn't want to play dbd, and I didn't want to play spirit even more. The state of the game give me physical nausea because of the hitching. And in the end I got a 3k with giving the David hatch, which just proves my point that she is simply a strong killer that is easy to master. I fall for the spirit counterplay all the time, but it doesn't matter because I'm playing an extremely powerful killer that is simple to play.

  • I feel like I need to fully clarify and sort of summarize what I mean. I'm just really bad at explaining things, sorry.

    I think spirit has no "meaningful counterplay", but I don't think this is the issue with her; other killers also don't have any "meaningful counter play" other than do gens or predrop pallets, same as spirit. The issue with her is that she is too strong and is too easy to master, which ties into why I think being able to see her while she's phasing wouldn't work.

    She is strong in chase because she can react to what you do, with her speed, full control over her own movement, and ability to play with short bursts giving her power almost 100% uptime. You knowing where she is doesn't matter because her power has a massive room for error. Blight is someone with no meaningful counterplay but no one talks about him because he's stupidly hard and he can get hurt having to wait for his tokens to recharge. Nurse has no meaningful counterplay but she is stupidly hard and whiffing attacks can cause you to flat out lose a survivor

    Tldr

    The arguments for spirit not having counter play are redundant and destructive to any conversation about her since not having counter play isn't what makes a killer strong in chase, it's the killers room for error their power allows in comparison to the strength of the power.

1 2 ›