Is nemesis the new bubba?
I’ve been playing a lot over last few days since I’m on leave from work. I’ve noticed most nemesis players seem to eerily play like bubbas, with camping and then tunneling right off hook. I thought maybe it was because they’re getting used to a new killer, but it’s been almost every nemesis match I’ve seen (which is most games).
Is nemesis the new campy bubba of 2021?
Comments
Not at all. Unlike Bubba, Nemesis can't damage multiple survivors let alone instead down both.
Nemesis right now has a very weak early game and has such huge disadvantage early game that many Nemesis players might just feel forced to camp/tunnel since they can't really pressure gens.
I mean, Nemesis is a pretty bad facecamper. Dunno what they're doing.
They're either new or struggling to play him so they resort to camping and tunneling.
Bubba is stronger than Nemesis. Bubba can break pallets faster. Bubba can take down survivor with chainsaw (one hit). Bubba can hit multiple survivors same time.
Nemesis is weaker than him.
It would have been nice and epic if they gave him the rocket launcher ultimate like he has in RE resistance to compensate for this.
What they could do to both buff Nemesis, and bring him closer to a Bubba-lite charqcter is give Nemesis the power of directing the zombies. Don't change their intellect, but either place a marker or direct it along a line to where he wants it to go.
Of course, if a zombie comes across a survivor along the way this might distract it and remove the pathing, but it could add a more strategic game for Nemesis and maybe make zombies a little more useful on open maps.
Other than he can get free info
Treat Nemesis like you do Huntress as pallets and you'll go farther. I don't mind Nemesis, he's cheeky but he does take 3 hits to down you.
Because of the sprint burst survivors get when you infect them, and the fact that they get 3 health states. It makes more sense to tunnel the survivors who are already infected rather than try to go after others.