Any tips for trapper?

Hi! So I recently started playing more Trapper to try and get away from sticking with the Demogorgon (after playing it for about 2 years straight), and I wanted to ask the community for any tips with the usage of traps? My traps work only about 40% of the time, and I typically try to place them in ways that survivors least expect outside of the obvious windows and pallets. However,

Is there anything else I should know with this killer? Any tricks or other tips I should keep in mind when playing him?

Comments

  • It depends highly on Addons how you play him. 40% per Match? When you get 3 people with your traps, thats totally fine. Sometimes you just use traps to end loops and to force the survivor to run into a dead Zone. But traps on windows are maybe obvious, but in chase most of the time survs run into it or run around them and give u a free hit. I recommend most of the time the Addons to darken your traps and to carry more traps. And when chasing on the shack, always trap the pallet. Most of the survs stop looping around it when they know there is a trap. Its not always about catching survs with a trap, instead you force them to make mistakes because of the traps. Gl

  • You need to look up anything Otzdarva has on YouTube about the Trapper. Easily one of the best Trapper's out there and has good guides.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    You need to look up anything Otzdarva has on YouTube about the Trapper. Easily one of the best Trapper's out there and has good guides.

    Yeah why do o give tips? ๐Ÿ˜‚ just watch otz.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    You need to look up anything Otzdarva has on YouTube about the Trapper. Easily one of the best Trapper's out there and has good guides.

    I do watch Otz! He's very helpful, and that's how I learned how to use my traps a lot more effectively than I used to. I'll rewatch some of his videos.


    @BronzeHandModel said:

    It depends highly on Addons how you play him. 40% per Match? When you get 3 people with your traps, thats totally fine. Sometimes you just use traps to end loops and to force the survivor to run into a dead Zone. But traps on windows are maybe obvious, but in chase most of the time survs run into it or run around them and give u a free hit. I recommend most of the time the Addons to darken your traps and to carry more traps. And when chasing on the shack, always trap the pallet. Most of the survs stop looping around it when they know there is a trap. Its not always about catching survs with a trap, instead you force them to make mistakes because of the traps. Gl

    I'll keep this in mind, thank you! <3

  • Trapper isn't my main, so I don't feel qualified to give tips on him. But.... Otz obviously knows his ######### and taught me a few things.

    Now, ask me about the Doc and I can write an essay....

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280636#Comment_2280636

    Trapper isn't my main, so I don't feel qualified to give tips on him. But.... Otz obviously knows his ######### and taught me a few things.

    Now, ask me about the Doc and I can write an essay....

    As someone who used to main Doc when he first came out before switching to Demo.... Hit me up with that essay some day. ๐Ÿ‘€

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280636#Comment_2280636

    Trapper isn't my main, so I don't feel qualified to give tips on him. But.... Otz obviously knows his ######### and taught me a few things.

    Now, ask me about the Doc and I can write an essay....

    Funny that you say that. Im not Main doc but i do well with him. Despite that i have sometimes trouble to time his Power right. What addon combination you recommend?

  • learn loops and put your traps hugging corners also never place traps on a pallet drop always before or after

  • image.png

    Have 1 trap at shack , 1-2 at main building. 2 at titles near 2 gates so you can trap gate in end game.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    learn loops and put your traps hugging corners also never place traps on a pallet drop always before or after

    Ecxept the shack pallet. You want this pallet to drop.