I like the zombies

They can be hit and miss but really bone you when you get caught between one and the nemesis.

Very RNG dependent but then I guess that's kind of the point. Usually they do little but I've been caught out twice now and there was nothing I could do once I'd made the mistake.

There are a lot of posts complaining about them, but if you read them, they are the same arguments people use about every other interesting or different mechanic in this game.

"Whaaaaa I can't just run around the same rock pallet saving till the drop and then rinse and repeat"

Once again there is something new and the forums are inundated with the change fearing dullards.

They should make a separate dullard game mode for these people with a single killer that is a white box with a sword arm called "generic killer 1". It just chases you and M1's, then they can loop it all day without thinking and feel great about themselves.

Nemesis might need a tweak or two but so far its different and interesting.

Comments

  • @pseudechis said:

    They can be hit and miss but really bone you when you get caught between one and the nemesis.

    Very RNG dependent but then I guess that's kind of the point. Usually they do little but I've been caught out twice now and there was nothing I could do once I'd made the mistake.

    There are a lot of posts complaining about them, but if you read them, they are the same arguments people use about every other interesting or different mechanic in this game.

    "Whaaaaa I can't just run around the same rock pallet saving till the drop and then rinse and repeat"

    Once again there is something new and the forums are inundated with the change fearing dullards.

    They should make a separate dullard game mode for these people with a single killer that is a white box with a sword arm called "generic killer 1". It just chases you and M1's, then they can loop it all day without thinking and feel great about themselves.

    Nemesis might need a tweak or two but so far its different and interesting.

    Agreed on all fronts. He's pretty well balanced, not too OP and not too weak. He does need a little tweaking here and there, like you said the speed boost with the infection hit is a bit of a problem that has to be looked at. But otherwise I like him and the zombies. The zombies are very RNG dependent and depending on which map you're on will determine how much value they give. On a huge map like Mother's, they barely give anything. But on a small map, especially Hawkins, omg they are just downright busted. The Thing hallways in that map make it so that if you see a zombie you have to either take another route or waste a pallet/flashlight on the zombie. Overall I'm happy with him, he's been a lot of fun to play.

  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/258126/i-like-the-zombies

    Agreed on all fronts. He's pretty well balanced, not too OP and not too weak. He does need a little tweaking here and there, like you said the speed boost with the infection hit is a bit of a problem that has to be looked at. But otherwise I like him and the zombies. The zombies are very RNG dependent and depending on which map you're on will determine how much value they give. On a huge map like Mother's, they barely give anything. But on a small map, especially Hawkins, omg they are just downright busted. The Thing hallways in that map make it so that if you see a zombie you have to either take another route or waste a pallet/flashlight on the zombie. Overall I'm happy with him, he's been a lot of fun to play.

    He has to hit survivors 3 times if he wants to make use of his power. Combined with the provided speed boost this automatically makes him worse than pyramid head, and a couple other killers.

    When the zombies work, they're great. When they don't, it feels like playing with rank 20 teammates all over again. I would feel better if they acted in a more consistent manner. But as of now they can get caught on everything, and can ignore survivors literally right next to them.

  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/258126/i-like-the-zombies

    Agreed on all fronts. He's pretty well balanced, not too OP and not too weak. He does need a little tweaking here and there, like you said the speed boost with the infection hit is a bit of a problem that has to be looked at. But otherwise I like him and the zombies. The zombies are very RNG dependent and depending on which map you're on will determine how much value they give. On a huge map like Mother's, they barely give anything. But on a small map, especially Hawkins, omg they are just downright busted. The Thing hallways in that map make it so that if you see a zombie you have to either take another route or waste a pallet/flashlight on the zombie. Overall I'm happy with him, he's been a lot of fun to play.

    Yeah there are a lot of complaints about nemesis too but I think he's in an ok place.

    The main thing is tier 3 mutation doesn't really add anything so why bother doing it? Especially when survivors get to sprint away after the infection hit.

    Think Myers, yeah you let a lot of people escape while stalking but once you hit tier 3 you become a terrifying killer to contend with, it justifies the time it takes to obtain.

    With nemesis I see people just m1'ing because the alternative takes to much time to achieve. Its a tricky one but he's still really new so I'll hold any real thoughts till I've played more.

    Its still an indescribably better DLC release than trickster but that's some low hanging fruit, trickster is a bad joke.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278405#Comment_2278405

    He has to hit survivors 3 times if he wants to make use of his power. Combined with the provided speed boost this automatically makes him worse than pyramid head, and a couple other killers.

    When the zombies work, they're great. When they don't, it feels like playing with rank 20 teammates all over again. I would feel better if they acted in a more consistent manner. But as of now they can get caught on everything, and can ignore survivors literally right next to them.

    I'm well aware that he has to hit survivors 3 times, hence why I said he still needs a little tweaking. Other than that he's fine. The zombies, even if they weren't actively attacking, they'd still give me info on if a survivor was near them, so I still capitalized in some way. That said I did have a couple games where the survivors would hug a zombie and the zombie would stand there, wait a second, and then flail out at them after they're long gone lol. So the zombie AI I'd put that in to the category of "needs some tweaking".


    Again I still like him and think he's a lot of fun to play. Even with the 3 hits for a down and the dumb dumb zombies, I still got a good amount of 4Ks back to back last night. Just like with anything, you gotta adapt your strategy in game. If the zombies are being dumb, don't rely on them, if the survivors are being hella annoying on loops, and you can only get the infection hit off, cool, infect them and keep pressure elsewhere. Actually on Midwich last night I three hit a survivor behind some desks and they were literally hard cornered. They pallet blocked themselves in from the middle and they were in a part of the room where we were on opposite ends of the loop, and since the loop was just desks I got three hit her with no problem cus she messed herself up pretty bad lol.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278405#Comment_2278405

    Yeah there are a lot of complaints about nemesis too but I think he's in an ok place.

    The main thing is tier 3 mutation doesn't really add anything so why bother doing it? Especially when survivors get to sprint away after the infection hit.

    Think Myers, yeah you let a lot of people escape while stalking but once you hit tier 3 you become a terrifying killer to contend with, it justifies the time it takes to obtain.

    With nemesis I see people just m1'ing because the alternative takes to much time to achieve. Its a tricky one but he's still really new so I'll hold any real thoughts till I've played more.

    Its still an indescribably better DLC release than trickster but that's some low hanging fruit, trickster is a bad joke.

    So funny thing, and I don't know if this was lag or if I perfectly timed this, but with my T3 tentacle, if you're close enough to the survivor, you can still hit them if they dead hard. I had one that dead harded from me and I guess I timed it right, cus when they reached the end of their dash they were down immediately cus of the tentacle slap. That said, I still do agree that he needs some touch ups, like yeah he needs a better power up reward for hitting T3. While the extra range is nice, the added range isn't really a lot, definitely not worthy of being the highest power up reward you can achieve. He needs something better, or at least make the T-Virus be something more painful to deal with. But yeah I still think he's a lot of fun, unlike Trickster which just...is painful for me to play regardless of level...