I think patch 3.1 was one of the worst decisions behaviour has ever made regarding this game

In this patch, freddy got his rework.

I don't say this because I like old freddy more or anything like that (I do, but that's not the point)


I say this because, a character got removed from the game and never came back. And that is never good.


When this happens in other games, it's not fun.

In LoL they reworked the champion Aatrox. I wasn't around for it, but he was nothing like his old self in the rework.

I remember this video explaining it well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a764zGHTSI

just gonna link this reddit thread, just players talking about it a bit.

22 votes and 17 comments so far on Reddit

(and knowing how toxic the LoL playerbase was, I can only imagine how much hate was going around at the time)

even now there are people angry about losing their favourite character. people who play new aatrox because they miss old aatrox, people who despise new aatrox for even existing.

and also people who enjoy new aatrox more and people who only ever knew new aatrox.


I'm gonna just assume everyone knows about the national dex in pokemon sword and shield...


there's more examples. Like how people felt about cyborg sub-zero in mk9 (even then, regular sub-zero still existed in mk9, people were just dreading not having him in mk10). Or with heartstone, when they changed a card effect, meaning the card people payed to get did not exist anymore, and since the game is only digital it's not like they can just pick it up and play with friends using the old effect.

but I think I made my point.



the same situation happened here. Freedy got deleted from the game and we got something different also named Freddy to replace him.

and that is just terrible.

Other characters got reworks, bubba, clown, billy. bubba changing the most from his old self.

bubba used to be a killer that would charge his chainsaw, and while using his chainsaw he would go a bit faster while having full control of his movement and could down multiple survivors at once if he managed to catch them out of position. but he had no inate ability related to slowing the pace of the game or gathering information, his power was only applicable in chase.

and new bubba is a killer that charges his chainsaw, and while using his chainsaw he goes a bit faster while having full control of his movement and can down multiple survivors at once if he manages to catch them out of position. but has no inate ability related to slowing the pace of the game or gathering information, his power is only applicable in chase.


I feel like most people would agree this is a correct description of old and new bubba (maybe someone would disagree with "a bit faster", but semantics). and yet, everyone also agrees that new bubba is very different from old bubba. because while he got a bunch of changes, his essence remained the same.

he didn't change from a fast moving, always on the offensive type of killer to a slower, more area control kind of killer.

same applies to billy and clown. Clown got an extra trick to use on matches, making him more interesting. but retaining his core gameplay.

if billy's change was good or bad aside, we can't deny that new billy, is still old billy. but with a thing saying you need to stop being billy for an annoying amount of time before resuming business as usual.



Maybe I ranted for a bit too long to arrive here, but the main point is...

-Old Freddy didn't get changed, he got deleted and replaced with something else. this is extremely unfair to every single person that enjoyed old freddy.

-new freddy will never be able to replace old freddy. he will gather his own playerbase who may or may not relate to old freddy's playerbase.

-simply changing freddy back right now would just create this exact same issue but the other way around. and I don't think you can successfully merge the 2 into 1 character while keeping both their essences. they are just too different.

-I really hope behaviour absolutely never does this again. even if you despise a character, he is someone's favourite and they should be allowed to continue having their character to play as.


I hope behaviour can recognise this mistake and find a way to bring old freddy back into the game without removing new freedy. (maybe as an addon? maybe a button on freddy to switch his power? idk)




I've been typing this for a while... I just felt nostalgic for old freddy for a bit and wanted to vent...

Anyway... let's remember the old times for a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OgCvfzNyHc


edit - apparently the assets are still in the game...

@QwQw said:

So, as everyone already knows, Freddy recently got nerfed. I personally doubt the changes will effect him too much, but what I'm mad about is that it shows the devs' ignorance towards his actual problems. The problem with Freddy wasn't that he was strong, it was that he was strong and boring.

Instead of making his power fun and interesting for both sides, they just gave him a nerf and called it a day.

But I digress, this wasn't what I made this thread to talk about.

No, what I'm TRULY mad about is the fact that they haven't given us a way to play as Old Freddy.

I've seen so many people asking to play as him again, and I completely understand why. Though Old Freddy may not have been the strongest out there, he was unique, there was no other killer like him.

Hell, why the devs thought reworking Freddy in the first place was a good idea, I simply do not understand.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/D4WVECR9D4JR/image-284-29.png

All they needed to do is revert this nerf, and I personally believe Freddy would have been in a perfect spot.

Like, is it really that hard to give us an add-on, or a toggle of some kind to let us use Old Freddy's power? I see no reason why the devs haven't already done this, other than out of laziness, or stubbornness.

Hell what makes it even worse, is that they REUSED ASSETS FROM OLD FREDDY'S POWER FOR THIS NERF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwaDgSKImpI

In King's video, at around 5:40 seconds in, you can see him hit a Dwight, and it plays the exact same effect as when Old Freddy would try to hit an awake survivor.

You guys have the assets, why is there no option to play as Old Freddy?

#GiveUsBackOldFreddy

there's really no excuse as to why we can't have old freddy back. either as a toggle on freedy, or a "new" killer.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

1 2 3 ›