So.. I’ve add Desperate Measures to my No Mither Builds.
No Mither + Desperate Measures + Resilience.
Might sound meme to have a healing perk in this build, but it’s actually for really fast hook saves.
Resilience is already a pretty self explanatory perk when paired with No Mither, but with Desperate Measures, with no other survivors injured other than myself and whoever is on the hook, I always have a 37% increase to unhook speeds at minimum.
This feels pretty significant. It’s almost like having match long No One Left Behind without the aura reading, and it’s current activation conditions.
I can rush in, dodge a hit if the killer is camping, and get a survivor off their hook fast enough to have them get a head start before I take a protection hit to go down for them, forcing the killer to abandon tunnelling who was rescued, unless they don’t care that I can get back up.
Comments
Desperate Measures is one of the perfect examples of a really good perk, that isn't meta but people will run it because it's really fun to use. I personally love that unhooking speed lol
The best way for the devs to change the meta isn't to release more meta perks, just release more fun perks. Here's some of the perks I'd consider fun from the most recent chapters:
Release more fun perks like these and you'll not see as many meta perks in your games.
I love DM.
Its only really strong when it’s most critical and needed.
If I was doing a build based on only my favourite perks then it would be there. Appraisal would also be there. Maybe Aftercare but I'm not certain yet.
Smash hit is a nice exhaustion although I wonder how that idea took 4 years into the game to be a perk
Sometimes the mist elusive ideas are the simplest. Look at the upcoming Resurgence. That’s another that can make someone think “why didn’t we get that ages ago?”
Think it's the same sort of thing as For The People. The devs are afraid of releasing something that could potentially end up OP/meta.
I think in the last year/year and a half they've gotten really good at balancing out perks and knowing what is/isn't OP.
My opinion with changing the meta is the same with fixing "gen rush". Just give survivors another thing they can do for fun (I.e use different perks and a side objective that isn't mandatory but is fun).