An idea to make chainsaw overheat less of a nuisance

What if a small percentage of the overheat meter was set back after hitting a survivor with a basic attack, or with the chainsaw itself. Hits with the chainsaw would revert a larger portion to be more rewarding.

Basically the blood would be cooling the chainsaw ( if you want a somewhat cohesive explanation )

Comments

  • I don’t even know why it has an overheat, other than to make people buy Leatherface and blight

  • @SilentPill said:

    I don’t even know why it has an overheat, other than to make people buy Leatherface and blight

    I think the main point of it was to punish the overuse of the chainsaw. Which I find funny because his whole power IS the chainsaw. So you're essentially getting punished for using the chainsaw.

  • Just remove overheat. Nobody asked for it.

  • An idea I had in regards to Overheat, assuming the Devs don't want to remove it;

    How about making the speed limiter addon for billy (which I personally feel serves no purpose at all, much less effective than it is for Bubba) remove the Overheat mechanic and continue to keep the injure state instead of downing on hit.

    This (imo) helps in that, good Billy players wont struggle too much with the injure state instead of instadown, and it makes learning Billy much more manageable, as plenty of people I know who have/are trying to learn Billy feel that the Overheat mechanic makes it too hard and unenjoyable to learn.


    Obviously removing the Overheat mechanic in general would be preference, but this is just under the assumption that it wont be removed.