Fellow PlayStation players...
Is it possible to use stretched res for free Shadowborn? As in, can you go into the PlayStation settings and do this?
I can't have as much build variety as I would like because you basically have to run Shadowborn on console to not get 360d out of blinks. Without it, it becomes much harder to hit survivors.
And before someone comes in here calling it cheating, I know it is. I just don't care. Console players are already at an inherent disadvantage, and PC players can use this too with ease. So don't come in here saying that I shouldn't, because it's too much of an advantage. I don't want to use it to see over walls. I just want to get a step closer to being able to be on the same level as a PC player.
Comments
I don't think so.
Unlucky.
Yeah that really sucks. There should be an FOV slider in game honestly.
"Unfair advantage"
But PC players can stretch their FOV whenever they want.
What would the point of an FOV Slider even be? All you're really asking for is a change to FOV, but think this makes it sound more reasonable. Because no killer is going to be like "Nah, I'm good with more limited vision." And what happens when people use stretched Res + the FOV Slider on PC + Shadowborn for that matter.
I looked into it at some point and it seems like it isn't possible
No unfortunately its impossible
I know. I never called it an unfair advantage.
They can already get that effect from just Stretched Res. Them adding an FOV slider would be a good thing.
Also, I would not want Shadowborn on every killer. Some killers I play better without it.
If you just own a device with a native resolution such as a device that isn't standard, like a tv thats 1650 by 1080 then it would display the same as "stretched res" but most tvs don't have settings and you can't set it like a pc, that said I think stretched res just looks bad in the first place and don't really care for it
I only want Shadowborn, not the bullshit see over walls Stretched Res.
Oh, I know.
I was just parroting the reason BHVR gave for not implementing an FoV slider.
Oh, ok.
That reason is really stupid, but it's BHVR, so I don't really expect anything else
I though their reason was it gives an advantage but some people who get motion sickness from the wider fov won't be able to use it so no one should have it since the people who can use it would have an unfair advantage over people who can't use it
Nurse makes me motion sick which puts me at a disadvantage at high ranks, since I can't play the best Killer.
They also screwed over colorblind people for 4 years.
I doubt that's the reason.
Nope. I think the best you can do is make sure your tv is already not zoomed in. If your picture is already set to native aspect ratio, then this won't help, but basically you want to go to your display settings for whatever tv you have and set the picture size to native. If your tv was on full or wide then you'll notice that it zooms out a bit. Again; other than bringing the resolution to what the game is supposed to be ran at this does nothing, but I thought I'd just tell you anyways in case you didn't know.
Alright. Thanks
You can enlarge and stretch the screen, I don't know if that counts as stretched rez.I'm not sure the effect it has ,but you can do this if that's what you're asking