People's utter unwillingness to change their MO...
Why?
This is a serious question: People KNOW that for some killers you got to change your tactic, at least slightly. Yet so many high ranks will throw the game to get the matches in speedrun mode.
I can understand when new players don't know you can crouch through hag's traps, left alone that you can crouch immediately after unhooking, not activating them.
Yet people just run through then (injured) and bam, two more hooks...
Similar with ghostface, like, look, while every killer can have All Ears, it's very likely on this one, so, please, stop running when you know he can't see you...
Comments
By all means, we need a proper threat on all that stuff first. Cause I somehow doubt the devs will put that into the tuts/tooltips :(
(And with some people I really doubt they are still learning. They just don't WANT to change their tactics and instead expect the game to change for them...)
Some killers are kinda impossible to adapt to like nurse and spirit since the power is completely in the killers hand
Because none of this stuff is taught
I had no idea you could crouch through a hags trap (or use a flashlight on them) until months into being Red Rank. I found out because of a random thing in the forum and I expect the vast majority of players don't go anywhere near the forums...
If you don't own Ghostface or Myers, you may not realize how their powers work. I had no idea how The Plague got their powers for a long while because I didn't have her. All the killers have their own quirks that a player is never taught about.
I suppose the first time you play a killer it gives you these tips but otherwise the loading screen is just generic tips about the heartbeat means the killer is near.
yeah, you get more tooltips on hwo to counter a killer... when playing killer
you people think we should just go ahead an make a thread for these tips and tricks?
It’s the same mentality that has sheep claiming every perk other than the golden meta is rubbish after using said perks for only 1 match (or not at all)
Nobody wants to put thought into how to get value out of their load out by adjusting how they play. Same goes for the killer they’re up against.
went ahead and started one
Because the game is horrible at teaching players how to play. The game tells you shift W and gens and that's it. There's no way for you to know how to play against specific killers untill you go live and learn from experience of you search for that information.
And the mindgames are also in the survivors hand
The killer always has an option in the chase that will work out well and if not they can just abandon chase. Same can’t be said for spirit and nurse
The problem here is the game doesn't explain anything, I actually didn't know you could crouch or use a flaslight to break the traps until I saw it on a youtube video.
Its called look at the wiki.
True, but I think thanks to the wiki being so detailed, the devs rely on players going there a bit too much. It's nice that we can use the wiki to look that stuff up, but many new players might not even know about that possibility.
Like other players here I didn't know you could flashlight hag traps until a year into playing the game lmao