Still no spirit or nurse nerfs?

These killers are running rampant in the game and the devs do nothing to fix them. They are incredibly unfun to play against and in spirits case offer almost no counterplay. If they don’t know how to nerf them yet then at the very least disable spirit until she gets fixed. It is not fun to see only spirits every game and not be allowed to have any chance to win because of it

Comments

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2261498#Comment_2261498

    Make double range add-ons base kit and triple her fatigue, and double her recharge. I would honestly have no issues with that.

    And give her a base kit 3rd blink and I’ll second that motion of the nerf

  • If everyone has trouble with spirits phase would it be possible to remove her red stain when she starts the phase then have the stain reappear two seconds before the phase animation ends. Idk just throwing ideas. I don’t see spirit a lot. Is there a killer forum somewhere that all the killers decide hey let’s all play spirit today. I play everyday and at most I see same killer maybe three or four times then that’s it. Dbd’s player base is huge so I don’t see how anyone could face the same killer enough to get tilted over it

  • @ast2astRegMgr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2261792#Comment_2261792

    And give her a base kit 3rd blink and I’ll second that motion of the nerf

    She doesn't need a third blink.

    Maybe don't double the recharge time then, because a third blink makes it into a huge buff.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263359#Comment_2263359

    She doesn't need a third blink.

    Maybe don't double the recharge time then, because a third blink makes it into a huge buff.

    With triple fatigue time though you’d need that third blink IMO.

  • @ast2astRegMgr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263380#Comment_2263380

    With triple fatigue time though you’d need that third blink IMO.

    Yeah. I just realized triple fatigue is 12 seconds.

    Maybe remove her blink recharge mechanic, and make blinks slower?

    I honestly don't think she needs a nerf, but if people insist I'll try to make one that isn't too hard in her.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263359#Comment_2263359

    She doesn't need a third blink.

    Maybe don't double the recharge time then, because a third blink makes it into a huge buff.

    she only goes 32m with double range right? So with triple fatigue and a swing we’re talking like a 12-15 second fatigue time

  • @ast2astRegMgr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263380#Comment_2263380

    she only goes 32m with double range right? So with triple fatigue and a swing we’re talking like a 12-15 second fatigue time

    Yeah I stopped and thought about triple fatigue and it is too much.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263388#Comment_2263388

    Yeah. I just realized triple fatigue is 12 seconds.

    Maybe remove her blink recharge mechanic, and make blinks slower?

    I honestly don't think she needs a nerf, but if people insist I'll try to make one that isn't too hard in her.

    Oh I agree. I’m a nurse main. Never played her old kit though. IMO nurse is one of the most balanced killer in the game. If I guess right I win if she guesses right I lose. Plain and simple. As with any killer don’t get caught in the open with out anything to work with.

  • @ast2astRegMgr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263397#Comment_2263397

    Oh I agree. I’m a nurse main. Never played her old kit though. IMO nurse is one of the most balanced killer in the game. If I guess right I win if she guesses right I lose. Plain and simple. As with any killer don’t get caught in the open with out anything to work with.

    I'm one as well. I've been playing her since release, and she's always been the most balanced killer in the game.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263408#Comment_2263408

    I'm one as well. I've been playing her since release, and she's always been the most balanced killer in the game.

    Yeah I wish I would’ve been playing back then. Maybe she’s so misunderstood because people don’t know how to actually play her. Now I’ve never played any other killer but I believe if you play a certain killer and know their power it gives you a small advantage over someone that knows nothing about the killers power. If more people knew how bugged her blinks were they might not complain as much

  • @ast2astRegMgr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263420#Comment_2263420

    Yeah I wish I would’ve been playing back then. Maybe she’s so misunderstood because people don’t know how to actually play her. Now I’ve never played any other killer but I believe if you play a certain killer and know their power it gives you a small advantage over someone that knows nothing about the killers power. If more people knew how bugged her blinks were they might not complain as much

    No, you don't. The game was in such a horrible state. When Nurse released she was 115% speed with three basekit blinks, and she could barely win.


    But you're right about her being misunderstood.

  • I thought she was op back in the day and always won

  • @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263152#Comment_2263152

    Guessing is not counterplay lol and Spirit does not guess when she can literally hear where the survivors are.

    Source: Have played as and against Spirit more than 3 times.

    Please do bestow your godly knowledge upon me on how exactly to counter Spirit? Maybe another recycled argument that can be debunked simply by saying Spirit can hear you, is invisible, and moves like 3x as fast as survivors in phase?

    Scratch marks aren't dependable she relies on them to point her in the proper direction. Oh and by the way survivors have control over there scratch mark trails, they can do this by letting go of Shift which also stops your footstep sounds. Your injured? Iron Will. She has Stridor? Its a shame Yin and Yang cannot exist without each other.

    Throwing pallets down early isn't counterplay. Isn't the point of chases to buy teammates time to do gens and doesn't throwing the pallet down and forcing her to break it buy you and teammates time?

    As a Spirit main, survivors tend to run obvious paths because they've gone brain dead to looping that they don't stop to think. If I'm at a jungle gym, I simply stay away from obvious looping paths because that's what she expects. If I'm at a unmindgameable loop I just throw the pallet down to both confuse her and force her to waste more of her power. Your at loop with a dropped pallet, count to 3 if you haven't gotten hit, she's faking it and you need to get away from the loop.

    I'm not a basic survivor player that calls killers broken because shift + w isn't effective. I find shift + w counterplay boring af, because its not skillful and involves no risk decisions, because unlike most survivor's I like using my brain to outplay others in a pvp.

    Now if you'll excuse I gotta get 3 heals and escape with Dwight and than murder someone with Spirits grandfather

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2263164#Comment_2263164

    Scratch marks aren't dependable she relies on them to point her in the proper direction. Oh and by the way survivors have control over there scratch mark trails, they can do this by letting go of Shift which also stops your footstep sounds. Your injured? Iron Will. She has Stridor? Its a shame Yin and Yang cannot exist without each other.

    Throwing pallets down early isn't counterplay. Isn't the point of chases to buy teammates time to do gens and doesn't throwing the pallet down and forcing her to break it buy you and teammates time?

    As a Spirit main, survivors tend to run obvious paths because they've gone brain dead to looping that they don't stop to think. If I'm at a jungle gym, I simply stay away from obvious looping paths because that's what she expects. If I'm at a unmindgameable loop I just throw the pallet down to both confuse her and force her to waste more of her power. Your at loop with a dropped pallet, count to 3 if you haven't gotten hit, she's faking it and you need to get away from the loop.

    I'm not a basic survivor player that calls killers broken because shift + w isn't effective. I find shift + w counterplay boring af, because its not skillful and involves no risk decisions, because unlike most survivor's I like using my brain to outplay others in a pvp.

    Now if you'll excuse I gotta get 3 heals and escape with Dwight and than murder someone with Spirits grandfather

    Doesn’t matter if scratch marks aren’t always dependable when she can hear where you are. Survivors without Iron Will even more so. Not only that but you literally admit here that injured survivors without Iron Will or with Stridor will lose.

    Throwing pallets early is a counter for most killers in general, but that is not good counterplay for Spirit. If the only counterplay is to immediately throw your limited resources in order to slightly slow down the killer then the killer was designed terribly. All other killers have counterplay, including the strongest killer in the game, Nurse (break line of sight and try to dodge). Blight and Oni do (hug corners). Demo does (bad at round loops and can be dodged). This is the same reason why Nemesis’s Zombies are somewhat problematic on indoor maps. You can’t see them coming and you can only stop them momentarily with an item or by using pallets.

    Even if the survivors don’t run in an obvious path, Spirit is only slightly delayed if she makes a mistake and can just phase again to catch you. She can see your scratch marks to fin where you’re going, then hear your footsteps or breathing for the rest.

    I figured this recycled argument would be used.

  • @yeet said:

    nurse is the most balanced killer in the game by a long shot

    I wouldn't say that, but she's not as OP as some believe her to be.

  • Spirit needs counterplay but nurse does not need a nerf, she already was and is now fine.

  • This content has been removed.
  • To be honest, I think nurse needs to be tuned so that the forced downward rotation of the camera in fatigue is not as drastic. You dip down 90 degrees in some cases until you are looking at the floor as whatever survivor you just hit/tried to hit runs off. I feel like this would make a smoother transition between bad and mid level nurses so it makes the transition from mid to god-like nurses feel less like sitting on rusty razor blades. The unfortunate truth of the matter is that you need to face nurses or play nurse to be good at looping a nurse.

  • Honestly I don't know why they haven't nerfed Spirit the majority of players want her changed and say she's unfair. The devs instead thought Hillbilly was fine then figured he needed a nerf. With trash add-ons and animations.

1 2 ›