Trading items at main menu?
Hi there,
I think there is an untouched market DBD could tap into.
Player trading.
Here’s what I mean.
If there was a way for players to trade items in a lobby, I think it could create revenue. Especially, if you made shards and auric cells tradable.
For instance, eventually if you implemented this, items such as med kits, tool boxes, flashlights, etc... would have prices based on if they’re brown, yellow, green, or purple. If someone needs a flashlight and they don’t have enough shards to buy something in the shrine or a character, they could trade maybe 100 shards to someone in their lobby for an item.
Obviously players would end up determining how much items are worth, but then you could make an item shop. People could then spend auric cells or shards to buy maybe certain items with add ons or not. Kind of like a shrine, but for items.
Rocket League does something similar with their items, and I think it would encourage people to buy more auric cells to trade and it would help players in the main menu if they don’t have a certain item, but someone in their lobby does.
Thoughts? Opinions?
Comments
The thing is DbD isn't a game with Loot Boxes. I've never played Rocket League but I assume the trading there is more directed towards trading skins you get from loot boxes? In DbD you can choose the cosmetics, the character, and the items you buy so it wouldn't be as used. But yeah, if it's easy to be coded why not?
You get random items in rocket league. It can go to decals, wheels, car colors, boosts, goal explosions or whatever. You can also trade/sell items that you can’t get anymore and however rare it is, the price increases. So, like those horns you can put on characters that you can’t get anymore, you could trade for auric cells and make money or something.
"The thing is DbD isn't a game with Loot Boxes."
Oh just you wait
I don't think this really makes sense as these are things that effect gameplay... big community markets for games like tf2/csgo are for cosmetics.