Is high ping bannable?
I sometimes VPN with high ping and i get ban/report threats from survivors. Is it actually bannable?
I sometimes VPN with high ping and i get ban/report threats from survivors. Is it actually bannable?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No but it should be
why would/should it be bannable?
probably stuff like this
Idk man. I don't think it should be because some people just have high ping due to bad internet or other factors.
No. I don't really think it should be, sometimes internet just ######### up, but everyone should get a ping indicator. I have no idea why survivors can't see Killer's Ping.
It can't be immediately bannable, because people can leave a VPN on by mistake. But yes, if it's happening repeatedly then I think it should be bannable personally.
Because you're using a third party program to put you in a server you don't belong in where you know your ping is gonna be outrageous and hitting people from a mile away
I mean if you're using Steam to play DbD on then it's bannable. Since Steam has rules against VPNs. But I don't think Dead by Daylight itself has anything against them.
Imo high ping should NOT reward you as it does now. SSHV is too forgiving and generous and should actually give the edge to the more reliable connection. Instead, it favors The Killer, even when they have high ping (natural or induced). So since the game incentivizes having high ping, most don't worry about improving their network conditions.