Killer Specific Perks, It May Be Time To Consider Them

Let me preface this by saying that when I'm saying "Killer Specific" I don't necessarily mean a single Killer. It could also mean groups of Killers. A situation that has arisen, due to the different TYPES of Killers, where certain Perks are too powerful and/or broken with say the "high mobility" variety, when they would be perfectly fine (probably good for the game) on the slower types. The question is, have we reached a point where some Killer Perks need exclusions?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • No, we already had this thread and the majority said no.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/255398/killer-specific-perks-it-may-be-time-to-consider-them

    No. There's literally no perk that is too powerful or broken on any killer.

    I don't know if I agree with that. :) The reason Undying had to be changed wasn't because it was bad on a Myers, Clown, Trapper, etc. but rather because it was ungodly powerful on a Spirit, a Freddy, etc. In other words, the Perk was pretty good for about a quarter of the Killers, not upsetting the apple cart. In fact, it really changed up how some of those Killers played. What I'm suggesting is that Killers do come in certain general groupings these days, and going forward there are Perks we cannot consider or build because of the drastic differences between the types.

  • Undying was still stupid on low mobility killers, it was poor game design period.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250256#Comment_2250256

    That's not why undying was changed at all. What are you talking about ? It was changed because it was OP on every character. Not just mobile killers who could better take advantage. There were matchs where Ruin would have to be cleansed 5 times

    We get it. You dont like Pop, Ruin, Tinkerer on blight, Freddy, etc. Starstruck on a godly nurse. But nothing is too OP on those characters. That they need exemptions to what they can use.

    There were also matches where Ruin was cleansed twice in under 45 seconds.

    Seeing it cleansed 5 times was rare.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    Undying was still stupid on low mobility killers, it was poor game design period.

    Huge disagree, it'd be fine if BHVR could buff Solo's at all.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250242#Comment_2250242

    I don't know if I agree with that. :) The reason Undying had to be changed wasn't because it was bad on a Myers, Clown, Trapper, etc. but rather because it was ungodly powerful on a Spirit, a Freddy, etc. In other words, the Perk was pretty good for about a quarter of the Killers, not upsetting the apple cart. In fact, it really changed up how some of those Killers played. What I'm suggesting is that Killers do come in certain general groupings these days, and going forward there are Perks we cannot consider or build because of the drastic differences between the types.

    It was just not too strong on some killer bc this killer are weak against good survivor.

    So instead of creating op perks for weak killer, they should get their basekit buffed. So yh if you mean something like faster pallet breaks for specific killer or faster regressing gens it could work. But the devs will never do it.

  • I'm talking about "design space" something that the DEV are rapidly running out of due to the huge differences in types of Killers. Undying is an example, but there are lots more. There are lots of Perks which are oppressive and strangling on certain types of Killers that they are not on others. The more Killers we get the less design space for Perks we get.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/255398/killer-specific-perks-it-may-be-time-to-consider-them

    No. There's literally no perk that is too powerful or broken on any killer.

    Are you a killer main by any chance?

  • "because it was ungodly powerful on a Spirit, a Freddy,"

    Tell that to my Totems barely lasting a minute :(

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250242#Comment_2250242

    I don't know if I agree with that. :) The reason Undying had to be changed wasn't because it was bad on a Myers, Clown, Trapper, etc. but rather because it was ungodly powerful on a Spirit, a Freddy, etc. In other words, the Perk was pretty good for about a quarter of the Killers, not upsetting the apple cart. In fact, it really changed up how some of those Killers played. What I'm suggesting is that Killers do come in certain general groupings these days, and going forward there are Perks we cannot consider or build because of the drastic differences between the types.

    The reason undying was change was because survivor did not want a second objective

  • I'd really rather not, i'd hate the feeling of watching a Spotlight, seeing a cool new Perk and then hearing i can't equip it on my main.

  • I'm gonna-

    No. The Player definitely paid and grinded for those perks. Would it stop some sweaty gameplay?

    Yeah, sure. But that isn't fair to the player, at all. This game is hugely about customization. We shouldn't limit that in any way.

  • @Boss said:

    I'd really rather not, i'd hate the feeling of watching a Spotlight, seeing a cool new Perk and then hearing i can't equip it on my main.

    And this answer is the strongest I think so far. I fully understand and even agree with it. I am concerned, however, that short of a major changes either bringing all Killers up to the speed of high mobility types or bringing them back down, that the DEV have kind of painted themselves into a corner when it comes to trying to balance future Perks. For example, who makes better use of Tinkerer, a 105-115% speed Killer who gets the distant notification, or the speed demons or teleporters? :) The Perks are already extremely unequal in that respect. It feels, at least to me, like we are bumping up against a ceiling now.

    But I will defer to the majority. My concern about design space is not shared by most. I just think balance is going to get worse, not better from here on in, by in large because of the very differences and variations that make our Killers interesting.