Door spawns fix when?

Just a nice idea since we're getting a nice large update soon can we maybe tweak door spawns with it as I find it very killer sided to have 2 doors spawn right next to or opposite each other when facing a ranged killer.

It's been talked about for ages now that door spawns are bad but nothing been done I don't know much about coding but surely it's just tweak in numbers.

Comments

  • Gate spawn is one of the least critical issues of the game at the moment.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    Just a nice idea since we're getting a nice large update soon can we maybe tweak door spawns with it as I find it very killer sided to have 2 doors spawn right next to or opposite each other when facing a ranged killer.

    It's been talked about for ages now that door spawns are bad but nothing been done I don't know much about coding but surely it's just tweak in numbers.

    Uhh, you know it’s survivor sided on a ton of gate spawns as well? For every impossible door spawn there’s one that’s literally a free escape because the doors are like 30+ seconds apart. Lerys comes to mind.

  • @Andokuky said:

    Ugh, this is one of the worst survivor complaints of all time. The doors are either killer friendly or survivor friendly. There’s no “rework” or “balance” to be had. They are either far enough apart to make it impossible for the killer to stop a survivor from opening one, or they’re close enough that a survivor can’t get one open. This of course assumes only one survivor is left and both the killer and survivor are competent players.

    What survivors want when they say “fix door spawns” is they want a 100% chance to open the door. How is that fair to the killer, lol. There is so much RNG in the game, this is just more of it.

    Also it’s very subjective. I swear when I am alone against a killer, the doors are almost always far enough apart that I can open one. And when I play killer they almost always seem close enough that the last survivor is screwed. Maybe I’m just lucky.

    And since this is only an issue when there’s only one survivor left, this means the killer has killed three survivors, closed the hatch, and in most cases, has stopped you from doing all five gens. And now they’re supposed to just not have a shot to get the fourth survivor?

    What would be balanced is if the doors are far away enough that a survivor can open it by the time the killer goes to the other door and comes back, but close enough that if the killer turns back halfway to the next door they can't open it. 50:50 chance on doors.

  • @Andokuky said:

    Ugh, this is one of the worst survivor complaints of all time. The doors are either killer friendly or survivor friendly. There’s no “rework” or “balance” to be had. They are either far enough apart to make it impossible for the killer to stop a survivor from opening one, or they’re close enough that a survivor can’t get one open. This of course assumes only one survivor is left and both the killer and survivor are competent players.

    What survivors want when they say “fix door spawns” is they want a 100% chance to open the door. How is that fair to the killer, lol. There is so much RNG in the game, this is just more of it.

    Also it’s very subjective. I swear when I am alone against a killer, the doors are almost always far enough apart that I can open one. And when I play killer they almost always seem close enough that the last survivor is screwed. Maybe I’m just lucky.

    And since this is only an issue when there’s only one survivor left, this means the killer has killed three survivors, closed the hatch, and in most cases, has stopped you from doing all five gens. And now they’re supposed to just not have a shot to get the fourth survivor?

    Wrong with ranged killers it's almost impossible of the doors are close together me and my friend just had a match where a huntress got an undeserving 3k by camping the gates that spawned right next to each other and this isn't the first time this has happened. The only ranged killer who you stand a chance against in this scenario is trickster.

  • Honestly, I would normally agree with this but I the devs don't. Almost every map has been reworked by now and the gate spawns remain the same. And look at the new maps, they are just getting worse: Midwich can't be more killer sided, and it's the complete opposite for Raccoon City.

  • The only time door spawns really matter is when there's 1 survivor left and at that point the survivors already lost so it really doesn't matter if the doors spawn too close. We don't need more mechanics in game that give survivors "free" escapes. It can already be frustrating dealing with keys.