New cheating method?

Just made an account on this forum because I wanted to know if this case of possible cheat or exploit has been seen before recently. I'll explain the situation.

I was playing Billy (for the Adept Billy achievement) and I met the usual gen rushers. No big deal, honestly. So I manage to hook one Meg (there was 2 Megs and 2 Claudettes on their team) and nobody saves her so she dies.

After a bit of back and forth with the chases, I down 2 of them and hook them. Eventually, I down the last one with the chainsaw and was about to hook her and end the game. But out of nowhere, one of them got unhooked.

At that point, I assumed that one of them had Deliverance, but I noticed that the person who go unhooked wasn't broken, and both of the hooked survivors were at their struggle phase so there was no way they could've unhooked themselves. And then I noticed something: the same Meg I killed first somehow came back to the game.

She unhooked both survivors and really messed me up. I have never seen this type of cheat or exploit before. In the end, 3 of them (including the suspect) were sacrificed but one of them managed to escape through the hatch, which should have never happened in the first place, I assure you.

How am I so certain about this? Although I didn't record or take screenshots of the entire event, I can assure you that she was 100% dead because of multiple reasons:

  1. The icon of Meg was the sacrifice skull for the first half of the game and then suddenly she came back out of nowhere with a full health state.
  2. I even saw her getting sacrificed myself (I was chasing one of them trying to save her).
  3. The hook counter didn't go up after I hooked the suspect one more time after she came back. 2 of the counters were red and those were from the other 2 survivors (including the one that escaped) who were on their last hook. So in the end, only one counter was missing.

This really threw me off, as I looked around and found nothing about this exploit at all.


Have any of you experienced this before, or is this just the first time this has happened? Thanks in advance, since any information is useful!


Your average Legion main, Bladetastic

Comments

  • PS. Yes, I did report the suspect. Literally the first thing I did after the game was over.

  • @Bladetastic said:

    PS. Yes, I did report the suspect. Literally the first thing I did after the game was over.

    Did you also send down video in a support ticket? They need additional proof not just in game report.

    I was going to say player got lucky with 4% and unhooked themselves but if dead Meg was back in the game then definitely a cheat.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247200#Comment_2247200

    Did you also send down video in a support ticket? They need additional proof not just in game report.

    I was going to say player got lucky with 4% and unhooked themselves but if dead Meg was back in the game then definitely a cheat.

    As I mentioned, I didn't record the match nor take screenshots because I didn't expect this to happen. Unless there's a way to record a specific match you've played before, I don't think I can do anything else other than an in game report, unfortuantely.

  • Why would a hacker deploy their hacks after they died and make it that obvious? I wish you had it recorded.

  • @PanicSquid said:

    Why would a hacker deploy their hacks after they died and make it that obvious? I wish you had it recorded.

    I really wish I did. But I play a lot of games at least three times a week and I never record because of my 3 years of playing this game I've never encountered a hacker, cheater or someone abusing an exploit. I might have been one of the lucky few who hasn't encountered any of this (until now).

    I've streamed the game a couple of times but even then I've never encountered something like this.


    Me not recording it is definitely my fault. It's definitely something I should do more.

  • @Bladetastic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247265#Comment_2247265

    As I mentioned, I didn't record the match nor take screenshots because I didn't expect this to happen. Unless there's a way to record a specific match you've played before, I don't think I can do anything else other than an in game report, unfortuantely.

    Unfortunately if you don't provide proof just the ingame report currently doesn't do anything - although based on the anniversary stream that should be changing in future. Could send down ticket explaining what happened without proof just so they have record (assuming they keep records) so if the Meg does it again and someone else reports with proof there's multiple accounts of it happening.

  • @PanicSquid said:

    Why would a hacker deploy their hacks after they died and make it that obvious? I wish you had it recorded.

    While a lot of cheaters try to hide it to either claim they're simply amazing at the game or to protect their account, others are "ragehackers". They don't care, the whole point is to make it as obvious as possible that they're just ruining matches for other players. If they get banned they don't care, they either get a new account or move onto another game entirely.