Green Ranks are Utter Hell right now.

I don't think its deranked Rank 1 players, because I never see these ######### at R1, only at reset. What is it about Rank Reset that brings out the absolute worst of players.

Comments

  • All the red ranks that don't purposefully derank themselves are returning to play.

    They will take a break once they reach rank 1 again.
  • It's because now's the perfect opportunity to do some moments for OchiDO montages now that they're matched up with 'baby killers ez dud'.

  • Currently i´m struggling to rank up, because today i´ve not seen a single match where someone didn´t dc or suicide on the first hook.

  • I've just had the weirdest experience: two days ago, just after rank reset, I was tossed back to rank 10 and throughout 5-6 matches I had the most horrible zero kill games with endless teabagging, flashlight spamming and the obligatory "you suck" messages in aftergame chat. By SWF, obviously. For the first time in my 1000 hours of dbd, I started to feel what some other killers feel: "I hate all survivors. I don't care if they're nice guys or anything, I'll just camp & tunnel and whatever else is necessary to kill them all." Kept playing with Ebony Mories, Redhead's Pinky, NOED and the like... still fukked up royally in the rest of my games, every one of them. Strange, as I usually have an easy time shrugging off insults and my own failures.

    And then one day later, it was the complete opposite: got some nice, intense games, 3-4K each time and it was all with my favourite type of survivors: the one that has the dignity to say "gg" "wp" "gl hf" and all that stuff even after they got sacrificed. Again, EVERY game I played yesterday evening were like that. Friendly chat afterwards, politely praising the skills of the other regardless of the outcome.

    The hell is happening? My guess is that being rank 2 before rank reset must have placed me with the most skilled players at the beginning of the season, but then in just one day ranks have been balanced out again. But does that mean 99% of rank 1 survivors are #########? I got to rank 1 survivor before and I'm not one, and I only play solo. I don't think they are. Can someone explain?

  • i have problems staying in green ranks but man they're fun as the spirit, people stay at the loops there.

  • @George_Soros @ToastfaceKilla

    Same here, I thought that everyone had just gotten really good. Because most matches were like pallet loop nonsense, where a survivor would run from loop to loop, always staying out of range. If I ever went to pick up someone I downed, or break a pallet a flashlight popped in my face, or I would be body blocked. Something else that happened was people taking turns getting hooked while the others did the gens. It was as if one survivor would slip up just enough for me to get to them, while one survivor was sabotaging hooks, and another two were repairing.

  • Burger guy above is right though. Spirit can be very effective against even these guys. For those killers like me (talentless, cough) she's great because sometimes you can just luck it out :)

  • I've definitely seen way more tryhard in the green ranks than at rank 1 after rank reset.
  • I’m now rank 6 and when I was reset to green ranks the other day a majority of killers were running noed with ebony moris with the occasional camp and a lot of survivors were running ds with instaheals and flashlights. Now that I’m heading back to Red Ranks I’m not getting as many try hards.
  • "Why are we still here, just to suffer?"
  • @ToastfaceKilla said:
    I don't think its deranked Rank 1 players, because I never see these ######### at R1, only at reset. What is it about Rank Reset that brings out the absolute worst of players.

    Take a break from DBD for at least one week after the rank reset.

  • @Tsulan said:
    Currently i´m struggling to rank up, because today i´ve not seen a single match where someone didn´t dc or suicide on the first hook.

    Well even the idol streamers selected by the devs derank by DCing. Are you surprised that other players adapt to this playstyle?

  • @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Tsulan said:
    Currently i´m struggling to rank up, because today i´ve not seen a single match where someone didn´t dc or suicide on the first hook.

    Well even the idol streamers selected by the devs derank by DCing. Are you surprised that other players adapt to this playstyle?

    They need to toss out another ban wave for the event.
    It´s ridiculous how low the threshold for disconnecting is.

  • @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @ToastfaceKilla said:
    I don't think its deranked Rank 1 players, because I never see these ######### at R1, only at reset. What is it about Rank Reset that brings out the absolute worst of players.

    Take a break from DBD for at least one week after the rank reset.

    A lot of Vets say this and, as a former new player, it boggled the mind. So, hey, take a break and only play 3-weeks out of a month.

    Great game design. I have to wonder if any of these Devs have real training or experience in Game Design. So much of this game feels like it was an assignment for a college course. An assignment that should get a failing grade, mind you.

    Being "forced" to not play when a new season starts isn't as bad in other games like Overwatch or Heroes of the Storm, where the first and last weeks of a season are complete trash. In those games, you actually have other game modes available, and can still play the ######### game.

    In DBD, it's . . . yeah, I refer back to the whole assignment for a college course comparison.

    I look at Behavior Interactive, and they're definitely not some small, inexperienced indie company: https://www.bhvr.com/

    So why is DBD designed like they are?

  • @ToastfaceKilla said:
    I don't think its deranked Rank 1 players, because I never see these ######### at R1, only at reset. What is it about Rank Reset that brings out the absolute worst of players.

    sweat and salt are what i hate about rank reset

  • Halloween event = a lot of rank 1s (including me btw) who dont want to play at rank 1 during the event time. i mean, i want to farm these cosmetics as fast as possible, why would i go to rank 1 then? rank 1 is nothing for ppl who want to farm stuff, so all these guys stay down here, while the tryhards and YouTubers rank up again.
    (i for example play freddy, equip BBQ and get my 4 stacks. after that i only slug ppl and allow them to get back up in orer to savepip / depip. i usually let all 4 escape, so i cant help but laugh when a survivor ragequits as soon as i down them as freddy xD)

  • I usually take this time to dick around and do stupid things. Though obviously I don't see the point in nasty end game chat since it's supposed to be casual.
    Played with a wholesome Spirit the other day and managed to somehow get three flashlight saves back to back. Felt bad so I killed myself, but they took it so well in endgame chat. The casual games I live for.