Spawned on Ruin Totem Twice
Playing survivor this morning solo Q, and two matches in a row this happened:
Both times I just spawned 2m away from it, this isn't okay i didn't even need to use small game I just saw it with my eyes immediately.
Neither the Myers or Plague had undying, it was just ruin, feels bad man.
This is why i don't run hexes yikes


Comments
That moment when the killer takes 2 gen slowdown perks and hears a thunderstruck within the first 15 seconds.
I thought they made it so you can't spawn in LoS of a hex totem?
If you did see it immediately with your eyes it sounds like a bug to me...
I spawned on other side of wall from a hex totem the other day. It was Haunted Grounds. Ended the killers first chase quick. π¬π
If it glows it goes!
Gotta take the risks with these totems it could be undying and devour!
Facts.
In different match my swf teammate cleansed a Haunted Grounds at beginning while I was already injured in a chase. I was like "atleast I'm injured" but killer broke off chase with me (totally didn't have to) to go down a healthy survivor.
Those obvious lit totems, gets our teammates every time we cleanse them. π
When in doubt, wait with cleansing it until the killer is chasing a injured survivor. That way the exposed status effect wonΒ΄t have that much of an impact.
I genuinely believe the game tries to do that, but depending on how the game determines "line of sight" that might end up not doing a whole lot.
I've played games where the LOS check only says "Yes, you can see that" if you can see a point in the middle of the object. So you could see most of the totem (especially the glow) without the game considering it in line of sight if that's how it worked in DBD. Not claiming that's how it works, simply saying I've seen it in the past.
Because it has certainly gotten much better than it used to, but kinda-tucked-away totems (like the ones between tires/barrels in TL wall loops on some maps) seem especially likely to get past the LOS check for some reason.
Idk I don't think spawning next to a hex totem is a real issue, bringing hex perks is a risk/reward.
It's even better with Lethal Pursuer so i can watch them spawn on my hex totem
Hex perks kinda lack the reward but go all in on risk.
survivors don't even have to spawn next to totems for it to be gone early.
It is what it is to be honest, sometimes you will spawn right next to the hex and the killer will lose it early. But other times you could go the entire match without finding it. That's just how it goes with hex perks.
I personally think that it's a non-issue as hex perks are designed to be a risk for a potential reward. Yes it can be frustrating for killers to lose it so early on, but that's just what happens sometimes.