FIX YOUR GOD DAMN MATCHMAKING ALREADY
I made an account just to post this, because BHVR doens't check steam forums. I'm so goddamn sick and tired of being matched with rank 1's when I'm barely 6. How in the everloving christ am I supposed to get better at killer when I'm being outclassed by survivor mains who just stomp you and then ######### on you afterwards?
This was taken from me watching a friend play. Does this seem like fair matchmaking to you?
How about this one? No?
I'm sure this one can be totally explained.
I am so goddamn sick and tired of this. You have no idea how frustrating it is, because this game can be legitamitely fun. But when this is the things you have to deal with, I don't know why i keep sinking so much time and effort into this.



Comments
Just want to mention the second one is completely fine. They're within natural rank range.
The problem is with the other two, is there arent enough killers to go around for the survivors, so eventually this rank range increases up until a killer is found. So technically, matchmaking still is working correctly, it's just that these are the unfortunate results that happen due to the team you were facing waiting 10 or 15 matches for a game.
I would rather wait an hour for a game I'm going to enjoy and actually have to play, rather than play four fifteen minute games I am going to get stomped in, that survivors purposely delay for as long as they can because they CAN.
This matchmaking system is not enjoyable for newer killers, and it needs to be fixed.
thank you :)
I'm a rank 1 survivor, i got matched with only grey rank (between 14 and 20) against a red rank killer, the game was absolute garbage...
seriously... I'm in yellow/brown ranks and have only fought reds (multiple rank 1/2s) and low purple ranks... nobody above rank 8.
Great news! THey are working on it, hence this 48 hour business. Unfortunately, we as players have limited information.
A couple points I've gleaned from what's out there:
Ranks likely don't mean anything right now and they are also trying to ensure quick match making
They've changed it up so that killers are actually ranked individually on everyone's account, so if I play a killer I haven't touched before, it's not using the same rank as I usually have for all killers. There is no real way to know exactly how this works except that they put out something that says for killers you haven't played in a long time or haven't played very much, they will match as low rank while stats are gathered to calibrate where this killer should be in matchmaking.
People seem to be really over-reacting to this. I think it would serve a better purpose to hide all ranks and just put some kind of 'percent match' next to everyone. Like green = we think this is a good match for you, yellow = we did not want to make you wait so here's a match, it might not be ideal, red = you'd wait an hour so we threw you to whoever showed up, good luck!
Everyone is too hung up on ranks. Lots of people are also talkiing quality of match but I would assume something like that would take more than 48 hours to even out which of course means it's kind of a short test, imho.
Have fun out there!