Something needs to be done with solo queue
Because it's borderline unplayable if you're remotely interested in escaping.
I played about 6 games today as solo survivor because I havnt had my daily dose of masochism. All of them but one were miserable.
My last game, I ran the killer twice long enough for all 5 gens to get done EASILY if My team were even remotely near gens. The killer was ok but not the greatest at loops, pyrmid head.
Instead, I see my team via bond cowering behind corners, hiding behind bushes, literally doing nothing but watching me run the killer around the map. All of us were rank 1-2. Not that it matters because they played like rank 20s. 3 gens got done before I died. And then they all died shortly after because they tried to hide the entire time.
It's not even the killer that I'm afraid of most, it's my own damn team mates! It's either they hide in bushes or lockers, urban evade around the edge of the map, antagonize the killer and use all the pallets in the first 3 minutes, or just straight up die in 15 seconds because they run into the middle of no where and don't bother trying to loop.
Anyway, rant over. Give solo survivors more BP or shards, a 5th perk slot, ANYTHING. It's so infuriating to die because my team mates arent doing anything useful the entire game.
Solo needs help or incentives to play.
Comments
I have immense fun even when solo. I think most of it is in your attitude. You can get unlucky wiht players regardless and even MMR wont fully solve that when it is implemented. Survivors definitely do not need buffs. lol or an additional perk slot, high level play has survivors dominating in tournaments and when swf. 4 strong survivors beat a strong killer, almost every time. It is more consistent that you have strong killers who do well because 1-2 survivors are almost always the weak link and the game is extremely hard with only 50% of your team doing what you need to get out and the others getting downed quickly or afking.
If you change your attitude you will enjoy the game more. I dont mean to discount your perception, but I have a lot of time the game and what you are stating is not the reality of solo queue, as I know it, after over 5000 escapes, and even more 4ks.
Solo queue is fine. Matchmaking and ranking aren't. Don't confuse the two.
Don't forget that this game was BUILT for solo queuing survivors, not for SWF, as SWF encourages communication which DBD was against from day one.
I'm not sure if you interpreted my post fully. I'm not calling for survivor buffs, I'm calling for changes that makes solo queue less cringe and painful.
What is the attitude I should have?
"Jake is hook bombing me with no borrowed time and doesn't try to take a hit, lol gg guess I'll do better next time as the killer now has 2 slugs"? Because stuff like this happens nearly every game which usually results in a lose. I don't see how an attitude adjustment can change the outcome...
I played two games so far of solo queue and escaped both times.
People certainly exaggerate the struggles of solo queue.
That's part of the problem though. Solo you get matched with everybody regardless if rank. Swf doesn't have this problem.
Sure you can have good solo games sometimes, but I guarantee there are much more bad ones than good.
But if they fix ranking and matchmaking, solo queue is automatically fixed. Solo queue in itself isn't the problem.
3 escapes in a row now with this last one being a full 4 man escape instead of the previous 2 being 2 man escapes.
I've also had plenty of good games where I still died too. Sure every once in a while I get an absolutely awful solo queue game, but they are honestly in the minority of the games I play. Sometimes I even get awful nights.
But solely focusing on the bad games isn't helpful and only clouds your perception.
You using cross play? Cause I notice solo play is faster than party play.
I totally get your furstration. I didnt mean to sound like telling you how to feel or play was my goal. I was simply trying to impart in you that for me (who has raged many times at many different games including this one) when I focused on having fun and staying positive, that helped improve my gameplay. I was not really meaning to address as a solution to your issue, because I dont think there is an easy solution that prevents people laying poorly.... .even mmr doesnt fix that, as people bm bc they got downed fast, they dont like a killer, dont like a map, think their teammates arent playing the way they want.
my point was to take the focus off them, have as much fun as you can in a match, and move on if it sucks and have fun in the next one!
I have played thousands of matches and only a small percentage were truly just a throw fest. I think when you let other people affect your fun, you let the devil win. They changed you. Youre better than that and you can just say aiight.... prob wont see them again. ima have fun getting better at looping, or whatever you want to improve at.
You’re absolutely right solos, a huge burning pile of turd, but hey at least now survivors can’t dc, theyll just idle or give you away to the killer to end matches quicker.