Ping idea feature for survivors
Like title, like in almost all modern games, like battle Royale. A simple indication to notification feature, that will help especially solo survivors, to match with survive with friends information. For basic things like totem position, generator and exite gates and wiggle/ bleedeng bar progress, call the fact you are going to save the person on the hook or slugged on the floor, and dropped/ in chest items. Simply one more button command with a notification line to make , even without vocal call, the solo survivor experience (for who dont want to play with strangers on discord/not have friend to play with on dbd) better, like You devs promise time ago. It'also probably not difficult to implement, and more clear than gestures.
Comments
On the one hand, giving survivors non-perk tools to make teamplay easier is a severe unbalance, but on the other hand, solo survivors have to take perks like bond, empathy, and aftercare when a swf can just say things like "the killer is on me" "i'm in the bathroom" "im on the main building gen" and not have to waste a perk.
I think giving solo survivors more teamplay tools means that the game can be balanced around the 4 survivors playing as a team rather than 4 distinct individuals. As it stands now, my skill as killer seems entirely dependent on whether or not all the red ranks in my game are in a discord call or not.
I mean, devs said they want to take solo experience to the swf level, for the most possible. And that is a good idea, because communication is a very strong tool, amd I think the ping idea is better then nothing (many online game use it). Also is a obvious thing that then they must collect data to balance things. I am also a killer main, and I know well how painfully Challanging is to go against a optimally coordinated team, but dbd is a team game. So, even if you doesnt know teammates you are going to play are good or not, I think give more coordination tools is only a good thing. Then, if became too much more difficult for killers (as like now it is not) then buff Something for them too. Cause swf are now really strong.