Are killers not allowed to bodyblock basement?

So I was playing a match of demo while doing challenges and I got rushed all to hell with all the gens finished in about 5 minutes due to them being really good on gens and me sucking(lol) However I was able to down someone near basement and hooked them there and stood on the stairs so none of the survivors could get past and I could confirm a kill.(the map was yamaoka and the basement was in the house so there was a railing blocking people from just dropping down behind me) I ended up getting a 2k because of it and also having STBFL. I was apparently then mass reported because I bodyblocked and didnt let them get the unhook even though I had nothing else to do as all the gens were done.

So my question is. Is this against the rules because I know bodyblocking when it comes to survivors(like not letting someone get hooked) is allowed, but what about the other way around?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • You were able to body block basement!!!?? Jesus I swear everytime I try there is like a centimeter and they get past me.

  • @magicmaster2020 said:

    You were able to body block basement!!!?? Jesus I swear everytime I try there is like a centimeter and they get past me.

    YA! I was surprised to see it too and I ended up giggling because I was like "1K BABY!" Demo is too thicc for the survivors to get past

    • I know bodyblocking when it comes to survivors(like not letting someone get hooked) is allowed, but what about the other way around?

    Nothing that makes the survivors uncomfortable or slightly pissed off is allowed. So here, in the presence of god and the future autoban feature, you're cancelled.

  • @KeiOrtem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2227406#Comment_2227406

    YA! I was surprised to see it too and I ended up giggling because I was like "1K BABY!" Demo is too thicc for the survivors to get past

    I'm happy for you. At least you got a 2k. Balanced gameplay.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So long as you were not literally blocking the progression of the entire match via bodyblocking (eg: AFK at the staircase and all living Survivors in basement, unhooked), I don't think it's bannable.

    But design-wise Killer's are not supposed to be able to body-block the basement staircase purely through the girth of their hitbox compared to the width of the opening, and that's a bug.

    Also, Killers should be using the same hitbox all around, so it's not Demo exclusive.

    Ah I see, but nah all the gens were done, gates were both at 99, it was up to them to leave lol

  • I never heard about it being a bannable offense, as bodyblocking applies solely to killers preventing a survivor from leaving the match due to their hitbox forcing them to quit or die to EGC. However being able to is never intended and the devs have always been changing the maps to make it not possible to do (except for when they added it back on the farm before quickly reverting it).

  • @LazyPayday said:

    I never heard about it being a bannable offense, as bodyblocking applies solely to killers preventing a survivor from leaving the match due to their hitbox forcing them to quit or die to EGC. However being able to is never intended and the devs have always been changing the maps to make it not possible to do (except for when they added it back on the farm before quickly reverting it).

    It is bannable if the killer or survivor prevent an other survivor from doing anything for a prolonged period of time. eg: you block a survivor in a spot and stay there for like 2-3m plus.


    On that note I don't think it's intentional to completely block basement but at the same time all gen were done and survivor could leave.

  • The issue with bodyblocking is if you have an unhooked survivor in the basement and you are blocking them from leaving. I'm actually surprised that you could block that basement as I didn't think it was possible on that map.

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2227436#Comment_2227436

    It is bannable if the killer or survivor prevent an other survivor from doing anything for a prolonged period of time. eg: you block a survivor in a spot and stay there for like 2-3m plus.

    On that note I don't think it's intentional to completely block basement but at the same time all gen were done and survivor could leave.

    Ya the only survivor I was blocking was the one already on the hook in the basement, the other three were all on the outside and could leave

  • @Mandy said:

    The issue with bodyblocking is if you have an unhooked survivor in the basement and you are blocking them from leaving. I'm actually surprised that you could block that basement as I didn't think it was possible on that map.

    I was kinda surprised too, if you want I can clip it and show it as I was live at the time