Did the Bloodweb get changed recently?

For about a week now I've consistently been getting perks I already have when I level up a character. I'm not complaining, it makes getting tier 3 perks so much easier, but I'm starting to think its more than just a placebo. Monto had a similar occurence when he leveled up Nemesis. Can anyone else attest to this? I don't have all the perks, its about 6 full character's worth of teachables for killer and 5 for survivor. Even still, I think its more than just a lucky streak.

Comments

  • its been like that for a long time already and i dont complain either helps with the grind making perks dissapear easier.

  • The change has been there a while. They normalized the perk rarity by their tier so all T1 perks are yellow, all T2 perks are green, and all T3 perks are purple.

    So when you reach the level where you can start getting green items in your bloodweb, the only green perks you can get are of ones you already have. Same for when you can start getting purple rarity items.

  • There's definitely something with the bloodweb (at least with the PTB)

    I had all of Nemys, Leons & Jills base perks to level 3 before any of them hit level 22.

  • PS_App_20210522_063928.jpeg

    Its the same for me.

  • @WaffleFalafel said:

    For about a week now I've consistently been getting perks I already have when I level up a character. I'm not complaining, it makes getting tier 3 perks so much easier, but I'm starting to think its more than just a placebo. Monto had a similar occurence when he leveled up Nemesis. Can anyone else attest to this? I don't have all the perks, its about 6 full character's worth of teachables for killer and 5 for survivor. Even still, I think its more than just a lucky streak.

    (Nice name by the way, I like it. :) )

    But nah, for me the bloodweb seems about as "procedurally generated" (ie, keeps insisting that I take the same four or five perks I don't want as I patiently wait 30 or so levels to start getting the ones I've unlocked from other characters) to me as it's always been. There will be a little surprise here and there (I got Unbreakable at level one when I was testing the PTB with Jill) but it's extremely uncommon.

  • @Crowman said:

    The change has been there a while. They normalized the perk rarity by their tier so all T1 perks are yellow, all T2 perks are green, and all T3 perks are purple.

    So when you reach the level where you can start getting green items in your bloodweb, the only green perks you can get are of ones you already have. Same for when you can start getting purple rarity items.

    Am I the only one who would find it a lot more exciting if the perks were completely randomized? Imagine getting the top tier of your favorite perk at level 4 or something. I'm sure that this could cause some issues I'm not currently thinking about but I also think that it would make leveling up and the grind in general a lot more fun.

  • Pretty sure a bug like this is why ultra rare perks were moved to the very rare perk category. Funny how the bug has resurfaced again.