The nemesis hitboxes

So, I've been playing the PTB like MAD. Love the nemesis, perfect design and all and fun power but it NEEDS some fixing. The attack will not hit survivors on a ramp, AT ALL. The slightest SCRAPE of a box makles it unable to hit the teabagging jill at POINT BLANK. anyone else having these issues? my suggested fix would be some mild wall penatration but I wanna see what others think

Comments

  • I think it was intentionally designed to not work on slopes for balancing reasons.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I think it was intentionally designed to not work on slopes for balancing reasons.

    what possible balance is this achieving?

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I think it was intentionally designed to not work on slopes for balancing reasons.

    I get for going up but why not down like ph after all he hits the ground wouldn't it slope

  • Lol its BHVR we are talking about.

  • I have been able to hit survivors going up already. I think the hitbox is just generally a bit janky. There have been a few hits over windows or simply with nothing between that haven't registered as well, but luckily those instances are rather rare.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I have been able to hit survivors going up already. I think the hitbox is just generally a bit janky. There have been a few hits over windows or simply with nothing between that haven't registered as well, but luckily those instances are rather rare.

    I've not had the same thing, whether it is survivors going through vaults to pallets being dropped to them just running in a SLIGHTLY curved line i can't hit them AT ALL unless i have somehow gotten level three already through zombie add-ons, way i see it there are two simple fixes too, either widen the hitbox and lengthen it at level one or allow for wall penetration like old pyramid head. It made him an actual THREAT since the strong survivor loops got shat on by him but now they are back to being just as strong, i never agreed with that change and i also agree that the nemesis at least at mutation two should go through walls outright

  • You can also somehow dodge over vaults by crouching. Which HAS to be a bug. There's no way thats intended.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I think it was intentionally designed to not work on slopes for balancing reasons.

    i highly doubt that unless you have some proof, and if youre getting your reasoning from pyramid head please remember that it does actually hit slightly up as well as travel somewhat up or down and incline but his ranged attack is also has a significant range increase but can also hit through objects.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    You can also somehow dodge over vaults by crouching. Which HAS to be a bug. There's no way thats intended.

    exactly, which is why i think it should be widened and have wall pen like old executioner to counteract that and to make him more viable pre mutation three, maybe not have that wide hitbox but still a wider one than it has now and it should go through walls with verticality, so many maps like the game, Lerry's, Hawkins and even his own MAP are nightmares to play him on since he can't deal with any surv if they crouch around or hug the wall or occasionally move 2 steps to one side or just go up a tiny slope, it ruins the fun and makes the killer easily dealt with, like a glorified version of the npc zombies

  • @Nightmarecp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223890#Comment_2223890

    I've not had the same thing, whether it is survivors going through vaults to pallets being dropped to them just running in a SLIGHTLY curved line i can't hit them AT ALL unless i have somehow gotten level three already through zombie add-ons, way i see it there are two simple fixes too, either widen the hitbox and lengthen it at level one or allow for wall penetration like old pyramid head. It made him an actual THREAT since the strong survivor loops got shat on by him but now they are back to being just as strong, i never agreed with that change and i also agree that the nemesis at least at mutation two should go through walls outright

    I have to disagree. Nemesis ability being hard to hit is a good thing, he should require some skill in my opinion. However, if you are missing constantly, than I do fear that you might just still need to practice a bit with his whip. I mean I am definitely not perfect with it, but I get hits often enough. The hitbox can sometimes feel off, and I want the devs to fix that, but it should definitely not get a wider hitbox in my opinion, if it does, then only very slightly.

    Unlike Pyramid Head's ability, his whip comes out instantly, so it needs to have a small hitbox for survivors to have a chance at dodging it. Otherwise it would be too strong. And it definitely shouldn't go through walls either, I think his ability is strong enough as it is.

    Also, Pyramid Head's ability does go through walls still, so I don't get what change to him you mean.


  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228244#Comment_2228244

    I have to disagree. Nemesis ability being hard to hit is a good thing, he should require some skill in my opinion. However, if you are missing constantly, than I do fear that you might just still need to practice a bit with his whip. I mean I am definitely not perfect with it, but I get hits often enough. The hitbox can sometimes feel off, and I want the devs to fix that, but it should definitely not get a wider hitbox in my opinion, if it does, then only very slightly.

    Unlike Pyramid Head's ability, his whip comes out instantly, so it needs to have a small hitbox for survivors to have a chance at dodging it. Otherwise it would be too strong. And it definitely shouldn't go through walls either, I think his ability is strong enough as it is.

    Also, Pyramid Head's ability does go through walls still, so I don't get what change to him you mean.

    i have gotten alot of hits with it too, in my past few games i could've/would've gotten the adept for him many times over, and over the past few days on the ptb i went up from rank 20-13 easily with him, i know how to use his whip however as more and more as people have obviously played against him it's more consistent to just go for lung hits unless they are at the pallet or window already going through it or slamming it down. The wider hit box i think should only be at closer ranges and be shorter by the tip of the whip. Old pyramid head, not the current iteration, could use his power to hit through walls and through objects.

    If a surv threw a pallet down or went through a window and then tried to continue looping around the nearby terrain or ducked behind a wall in, the game for example, i could instantly punish them with his old ability, and it made them strong but you had to be smart with it you couldn't throw it out willy nilly and expect a hit, which is how it should've stayed and how the nemesis should be. It makes sense with both the RE games, and the trailer itself where he breaks through a brick wall to attack meg and yes obviously it's a trailer but still it makes sense for him to have wall pen or at the very LEAST object pen with a wider hitbox closer to him, his whole counter play shouldn't be "Run at him for the power miss then run away rinse and repeat".

    my point is some of these hitboxes make so little sense and people just laugh off my attempts at hitting my power before hitting level three with emote taunts and teabagging outside vaults and windows with me being unable to stop them because of the power being paper thin and it's range varying wildy, the lack of verticality and the delay it has like pyramid head, however nemesis's hurts him more since he has no wall or object pen unlike pyramid head who still does to a much lesser, but still prevalent extent

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223473#Comment_2223473

    I get for going up but why not down like ph after all he hits the ground wouldn't it slope

    in the animation from the surv pov he lifts his hand up and slams it down, so it most definetly should still hit both up and down slopes

  • @TheArbiter said:

    I think it was intentionally designed to not work on slopes for balancing reasons.

    How does this balance a killer if they just cant have a power on certain parts of the map.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223473#Comment_2223473

    How does this balance a killer if they just cant have a power on certain parts of the map.

    Ask BHVR, they have yet to say its a bug so that's why im assuming