Ingame voice comms

I know that the devs dont actually want Ingame voice comms, but what is the reason for that?
In my eyes its the only way to balance the game since SWF has become a thing.

Comments

  • @DeadByFlashlight said:
    I know that the devs don't actually want Ingame voice comms, but what is the reason for that?
    In my eyes its the only way to balance the game since SWF has become a thing.

    I think it just falls to manpower. The BHVR team for Dead by Daylight has a limited number of people who could work on creating in-game voice chat. On top of that, who would actually use an in-game chat? Last time I checked all platforms have access to chats. Heck, the PC users can choose between Steam, Discord, Teamspeak, and Skype! This just doesn't seem like a priority for them. Besides, toxic words as text hurt enough. With an in-game chat, it would only be more painful. Depending on the execution such a chat could even be used to grief others depending on whether or not it's proximity-based.

  • @Peasant said:

    @DeadByFlashlight said:
    I know that the devs don't actually want Ingame voice comms, but what is the reason for that?
    In my eyes its the only way to balance the game since SWF has become a thing.

    I think it just falls to manpower. The BHVR team for Dead by Daylight has a limited number of people who could work on creating in-game voice chat. On top of that, who would actually use an in-game chat? Last time I checked all platforms have access to chats. Heck, the PC users can choose between Steam, Discord, Teamspeak, and Skype! This just doesn't seem like a priority for them. Besides, toxic words as text hurt enough. With an in-game chat, it would only be more painful. Depending on the execution such a chat could even be used to grief others depending on whether or not it's proximity-based.

    Right now the only reason why we "cant" have a game balanced around SWF is because people claim that solo survivors dont have the advantage of communicating via comms.

  • @Peasant said:

    @DeadByFlashlight said:
    I know that the devs don't actually want Ingame voice comms, but what is the reason for that?
    In my eyes its the only way to balance the game since SWF has become a thing.

    I think it just falls to manpower. The BHVR team for Dead by Daylight has a limited number of people who could work on creating in-game voice chat. On top of that, who would actually use an in-game chat? Last time I checked all platforms have access to chats. Heck, the PC users can choose between Steam, Discord, Teamspeak, and Skype! This just doesn't seem like a priority for them. Besides, toxic words as text hurt enough. With an in-game chat, it would only be more painful. Depending on the execution such a chat could even be used to grief others depending on whether or not it's proximity-based.

    I have to agree with you on this one. I came from Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, both of which have in-game voice chat. In Overwatch, using voice-comms is pretty much a must to climb the ranks. It's a team-heavy game that requires team coordination, hero choice synergy, and various call-outs.

    And yet, as I have observed and countless complaint posts by others have documented, far too many players do not use voice-comms with randoms, and tend to only use it when in a group with a few of their friends. And this is true even when that group is not a full six-stack team on their own, and are teamed with however many randoms to make a full team.

    They stay in the private group channel.

    SWFs in DBD use voice. But most of them are already friends, be it from purely online or in real life. Even if DBD made it so there was only one channel when in a match (as Paladins does), they would just continue using Discord or whatever to keep their chat private. I have learned that people tend to not want to be in voice comms with randoms they don't know.

    I don't see where, overall, the investment is worth the in-game return (i.e. use) for BHVR.

    I also don't see how this will help Killers. Certainly they wouldn't be able to hear Survivor voice chat. And if they could, then expect Discord to continue to be the go-to for Survivors.

  • I've thought about it a lot. Used to think it would at least partly solve the problem with the unfair advantage SWF players have. Not so sure anymore: the most trollish survivor groups would continue using their own method of communications, with no limitation (I assume an inbuilt voice chat would be limited by distance). I'm talking about groups who use every possible exploit and imbalanced tool possible. These guys won't care. 
    Also, there are those who won't use voice chat however convenient it is, so they won't enjoy its benefits. Though this is the lesser issue, as it's up to them.
  • Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game. 

    They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place. 
  • @George_Soros said:
    I've thought about it a lot. Used to think it would at least partly solve the problem with the unfair advantage SWF players have. Not so sure anymore: the most trollish survivor groups would continue using their own method of communications, with no limitation (I assume an inbuilt voice chat would be limited by distance). I'm talking about groups who use every possible exploit and imbalanced tool possible. These guys won't care. 
    Also, there are those who won't use voice chat however convenient it is, so they won't enjoy its benefits. Though this is the lesser issue, as it's up to them.

    An ingame voice comm would have unlimited range, otherwise we would have again the problem to balance around voice comms probably.

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game. 

    They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place. 

    They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly.
    You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side.

    Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now

  • Never mind. Saw the flawed logic in my suggestion.

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game. 

    They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place. 

    They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly.
    You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side.

    Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now

    If random survivors get voice comms, I'm retiring as a killer until they balance against it, and considering how that's working out with swfs, I'm basically going to be retired as a killer testing the waters with rituals at most.

    If they add in game chat, why would people who use external chat use it?
    If the game punishes people for using internal chat, they will bypass it with external. 

    I've played against people that use voice comms. It's way too unrewarding to play against them. 
  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game. 
    
    They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 
    

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place. 

    They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly.

    You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side.

    Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now

    If random survivors get voice comms, I'm retiring as a killer until they balance against it, and considering how that's working out with swfs, I'm basically going to be retired as a killer testing the waters with rituals at most.

    If they add in game chat, why would people who use external chat use it?
    If the game punishes people for using internal chat, they will bypass it with external. 

    I've played against people that use voice comms. It's way too unrewarding to play against them. 

    Sure, but the point is that they can ONLY balance around voice comms properly if everyone has access to them.

    External and internal comms would work together like in any other game, take overwatch for example.
    WHen I play overwatch I am in teamspeak together with my friends and if we want to share calls with the whole team you press the push to talk button. I see no reason why this would not work in DBD.

  • @DeadByFlashlight If Dead by Daylight is going to get voice comms, then please tell me what will happen to Bond, Kindred, Empathy, to keep them relevant.

  • @Peasant said:
    @DeadByFlashlight If Dead by Daylight is going to get voice comms, then please tell me what will happen to Bond, Kindred, Empathy, to keep them relevant.

    They have to be reworked, just like they are in desperate need of a rework right now.

    Knockout is a perfect example, you simply cant use it against SWF because it has no effect

  • I know that the devs dont actually want Ingame voice comms, but what is the reason for that?
    In my eyes its the only way to balance the game since SWF has become a thing.

    I would say it’s because of the toxicity this game has in it and I like it without voice coms I don’t want to hear some guy screaming at me to come farm him in front of a camping Leatherface 
  • @lyric said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    I know that the devs dont actually want Ingame voice comms, but what is the reason for that?

    In my eyes its the only way to balance the game since SWF has become a thing.

    I would say it’s because of the toxicity this game has in it and I like it without voice coms I don’t want to hear some guy screaming at me to come farm him in front of a camping Leatherface 

    Of course you would have the possibilty to mute certain players or even completely disable comms at all.
    But there needs to be the possibiltiy for solo players to communicate such that the game can be balanced

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game. 
    
    They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 
    

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place. 

    They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly.

    You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side.

    Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now

    If random survivors get voice comms, I'm retiring as a killer until they balance against it, and considering how that's working out with swfs, I'm basically going to be retired as a killer testing the waters with rituals at most.

    If they add in game chat, why would people who use external chat use it?
    If the game punishes people for using internal chat, they will bypass it with external. 

    I've played against people that use voice comms. It's way too unrewarding to play against them. 

    Sure, but the point is that they can ONLY balance around voice comms properly if everyone has access to them.

    External and internal comms would work together like in any other game, take overwatch for example.
    WHen I play overwatch I am in teamspeak together with my friends and if we want to share calls with the whole team you press the push to talk button. I see no reason why this would not work in DBD.

    Let's say, for instance the killer gets a notification like a failed skill check every time someone uses ingame voice chat (entity help us, it would be like the 4th of july, and that'snot considering obvious distractions.) why would people who can use external chat have internal chat on? External chat bypasses giving that warning.

    Or if killers can hear survivors clearly, some kid screaming that you're camping them if you aren't out of visual range, and maybe even if you are?

    Do you want a doctor chasing you as some high pitched kid whines that you're looping them?

    I'll grant you that balancing around provided in game chat might help, but they can only balance around that. 
    And until they balance around that, which will take a long time, there may well be a sharp decrease in long term killers.

    If you mute the annoying ones, then any benefit the killer gets from voice comms balancing is probably gone since they will all probably be annoying.
    Muting takes time. Killers do not have time to waste in a game that might not last 5 minutes. 
  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    
    Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 
    

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game.  They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place. 
    
    
    
    They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly.
    
    You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side.
    
    Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now
    
    
    
    If random survivors get voice comms, I'm retiring as a killer until they balance against it, and considering how that's working out with swfs, I'm basically going to be retired as a killer testing the waters with rituals at most.
    
    If they add in game chat, why would people who use external chat use it? 
    

    If the game punishes people for using internal chat, they will bypass it with external. 

    I've played against people that use voice comms. It's way too unrewarding to play against them. 

    Sure, but the point is that they can ONLY balance around voice comms properly if everyone has access to them.

    External and internal comms would work together like in any other game, take overwatch for example.

    WHen I play overwatch I am in teamspeak together with my friends and if we want to share calls with the whole team you press the push to talk button. I see no reason why this would not work in DBD.

    Let's say, for instance the killer gets a notification like a failed skill check every time someone uses ingame voice chat (entity help us, it would be like the 4th of july, and that'snot considering obvious distractions.) why would people who can use external chat have internal chat on? External chat bypasses giving that warning.

    Or if killers can hear survivors clearly, some kid screaming that you're camping them if you aren't out of visual range, and maybe even if you are?

    Do you want a doctor chasing you as some high pitched kid whines that you're looping them?

    I'll grant you that balancing around provided in game chat might help, but they can only balance around that. 
    And until they balance around that, which will take a long time, there may well be a sharp decrease in long term killers.

    If you mute the annoying ones, then any benefit the killer gets from voice comms balancing is probably gone since they will all probably be annoying.
    Muting takes time. Killers do not have time to waste in a game that might not last 5 minutes. 

    No ingame voice comms need to be the same as ts/discord.
    The killer shouldnt hear survivors obviously

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    
    Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 
    

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game.  They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place. 
    
    
    
    They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly.
    
    You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side.
    
    Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now
    
    
    
    If random survivors get voice comms, I'm retiring as a killer until they balance against it, and considering how that's working out with swfs, I'm basically going to be retired as a killer testing the waters with rituals at most.
    
    If they add in game chat, why would people who use external chat use it? 
    

    If the game punishes people for using internal chat, they will bypass it with external. 

    I've played against people that use voice comms. It's way too unrewarding to play against them. 

    Sure, but the point is that they can ONLY balance around voice comms properly if everyone has access to them.

    External and internal comms would work together like in any other game, take overwatch for example.

    WHen I play overwatch I am in teamspeak together with my friends and if we want to share calls with the whole team you press the push to talk button. I see no reason why this would not work in DBD.

    Let's say, for instance the killer gets a notification like a failed skill check every time someone uses ingame voice chat (entity help us, it would be like the 4th of july, and that'snot considering obvious distractions.) why would people who can use external chat have internal chat on? External chat bypasses giving that warning.

    Or if killers can hear survivors clearly, some kid screaming that you're camping them if you aren't out of visual range, and maybe even if you are?

    Do you want a doctor chasing you as some high pitched kid whines that you're looping them?

    I'll grant you that balancing around provided in game chat might help, but they can only balance around that. 
    And until they balance around that, which will take a long time, there may well be a sharp decrease in long term killers.

    If you mute the annoying ones, then any benefit the killer gets from voice comms balancing is probably gone since they will all probably be annoying.
    Muting takes time. Killers do not have time to waste in a game that might not last 5 minutes. 

    No ingame voice comms need to be the same as ts/discord.
    The killer shouldnt hear survivors obviously

    They had better shore up the immense power gap between survivors and killers in a hurry after implementing that.

    And hopefully have a quick mute for survivors so some annoying git isn't in my ear the whole game.

    Since killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't, have any ideas on how to balance around it?
  • The Devs have not figured out a way in the 2 years of the game being out to make a survive with friends lobby. Still two years later you have to leave the game... Hit back. Hit survive with friends, then invite your friends. Any other game company would've just made a lobby that the players go back to. The devs don't want voice in this game for the simple fact that they'd never be able to figure out how to put it in.

    If they did somehow manage to figure out putting in a voice chat feature it would be terrible. DBD is the most topic community in gaming. Mental illness is probably to blame for that one. What other game has ever gotten you steam posts on your profile? Might have 1 or 2 here or there. But DBD a year ago... If you played an 8 hour session of DBD would lead to 10 comments on your profile calling you profanities. Why the ######### would anyone think that talking to strangers on this game is a good idea?

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    
    DeadByFlashlight said:
    

    @Rebel_Raven said: Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game.     They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 
    

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place.  They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly. You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side. Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now If random survivors get voice comms, I'm retiring as a killer until they balance against it, and considering how that's working out with swfs, I'm basically going to be retired as a killer testing the waters with rituals at most. If they add in game chat, why would people who use external chat use it?

    If the game punishes people for using internal chat, they will bypass it with external. 
    
    I've played against people that use voice comms. It's way too unrewarding to play against them. 
    
    
    
    Sure, but the point is that they can ONLY balance around voice comms properly if everyone has access to them.
    
    External and internal comms would work together like in any other game, take overwatch for example.
    
    WHen I play overwatch I am in teamspeak together with my friends and if we want to share calls with the whole team you press the push to talk button. I see no reason why this would not work in DBD.
    
    
    
    Let's say, for instance the killer gets a notification like a failed skill check every time someone uses ingame voice chat (entity help us, it would be like the 4th of july, and that'snot considering obvious distractions.) why would people who can use external chat have internal chat on? External chat bypasses giving that warning.
    
    Or if killers can hear survivors clearly, some kid screaming that you're camping them if you aren't out of visual range, and maybe even if you are?
    
    Do you want a doctor chasing you as some high pitched kid whines that you're looping them?
    
    I'll grant you that balancing around provided in game chat might help, but they can only balance around that. 
    

    And until they balance around that, which will take a long time, there may well be a sharp decrease in long term killers.

    If you mute the annoying ones, then any benefit the killer gets from voice comms balancing is probably gone since they will all probably be annoying.
    

    Muting takes time. Killers do not have time to waste in a game that might not last 5 minutes. 

    No ingame voice comms need to be the same as ts/discord.

    The killer shouldnt hear survivors obviously

    They had better shore up the immense power gap between survivors and killers in a hurry after implementing that.

    And hopefully have a quick mute for survivors so some annoying git isn't in my ear the whole game.

    Since killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't, have any ideas on how to balance around it?

    What do you mean with "killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't"
    How is that relevant?

    And we already have that immense power gap between SWF and killers, thats why SWF is such a big problem

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    
    DeadByFlashlight said:
    

    @Rebel_Raven said: Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game.     They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 
    

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place.  They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly. You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side. Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now If random survivors get voice comms, I'm retiring as a killer until they balance against it, and considering how that's working out with swfs, I'm basically going to be retired as a killer testing the waters with rituals at most. If they add in game chat, why would people who use external chat use it?

    If the game punishes people for using internal chat, they will bypass it with external. 
    
    I've played against people that use voice comms. It's way too unrewarding to play against them. 
    
    
    
    Sure, but the point is that they can ONLY balance around voice comms properly if everyone has access to them.
    
    External and internal comms would work together like in any other game, take overwatch for example.
    
    WHen I play overwatch I am in teamspeak together with my friends and if we want to share calls with the whole team you press the push to talk button. I see no reason why this would not work in DBD.
    
    
    
    Let's say, for instance the killer gets a notification like a failed skill check every time someone uses ingame voice chat (entity help us, it would be like the 4th of july, and that'snot considering obvious distractions.) why would people who can use external chat have internal chat on? External chat bypasses giving that warning.
    
    Or if killers can hear survivors clearly, some kid screaming that you're camping them if you aren't out of visual range, and maybe even if you are?
    
    Do you want a doctor chasing you as some high pitched kid whines that you're looping them?
    
    I'll grant you that balancing around provided in game chat might help, but they can only balance around that. 
    

    And until they balance around that, which will take a long time, there may well be a sharp decrease in long term killers.

    If you mute the annoying ones, then any benefit the killer gets from voice comms balancing is probably gone since they will all probably be annoying.
    

    Muting takes time. Killers do not have time to waste in a game that might not last 5 minutes. 

    No ingame voice comms need to be the same as ts/discord.

    The killer shouldnt hear survivors obviously

    They had better shore up the immense power gap between survivors and killers in a hurry after implementing that.

    And hopefully have a quick mute for survivors so some annoying git isn't in my ear the whole game.

    Since killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't, have any ideas on how to balance around it?

    What do you mean with "killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't"
    How is that relevant?

    And we already have that immense power gap between SWF and killers, thats why SWF is such a big problem

     It will make me more prone to retire from killer.
    that immense power gap will probably be -every match- and not just swfs I can dodge and people sending chat requests. 
    A good many killers are either tired of voice chat as it is, or will be very quickly once the survivors abuse it enough. 

    If I knew who was chatting or not, I could maybe play killer closer to the original intent of the game.

    Keeping it to SWF helps contain the problem for now, though I got chat requests from strangers as a survivor, and I'm almost certain it's becoming more common.

    Not keeping it to swf may help speed up balance, or it could backfire immensely as the devs can't compensate for telepathic survivors. Considering the track record with swfs so far, it will likely be the latter.


  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    
    DeadByFlashlight said:
    

    @Rebel_Raven said: DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:    Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 
    

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game.  They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place.         They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly.    You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side.    Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now        If random survivors get voice comms, I'm retiring as a killer until they balance against it, and considering how that's working out with swfs, I'm basically going to be retired as a killer testing the waters with rituals at most.    If they add in game chat, why would people who use external chat use it?
    

    If the game punishes people for using internal chat, they will bypass it with external.  I've played against people that use voice comms. It's way too unrewarding to play against them.  Sure, but the point is that they can ONLY balance around voice comms properly if everyone has access to them. External and internal comms would work together like in any other game, take overwatch for example. WHen I play overwatch I am in teamspeak together with my friends and if we want to share calls with the whole team you press the push to talk button. I see no reason why this would not work in DBD. Let's say, for instance the killer gets a notification like a failed skill check every time someone uses ingame voice chat (entity help us, it would be like the 4th of july, and that'snot considering obvious distractions.) why would people who can use external chat have internal chat on? External chat bypasses giving that warning. Or if killers can hear survivors clearly, some kid screaming that you're camping them if you aren't out of visual range, and maybe even if you are? Do you want a doctor chasing you as some high pitched kid whines that you're looping them? I'll grant you that balancing around provided in game chat might help, but they can only balance around that. 

    And until they balance around that, which will take a long time, there may well be a sharp decrease in long term killers.
    

    If you mute the annoying ones, then any benefit the killer gets from voice comms balancing is probably gone since they will all probably be annoying.

    Muting takes time. Killers do not have time to waste in a game that might not last 5 minutes. 
    
    
    
    No ingame voice comms need to be the same as ts/discord.
    
    The killer shouldnt hear survivors obviously
    
    
    
    They had better shore up the immense power gap between survivors and killers in a hurry after implementing that.
    
    And hopefully have a quick mute for survivors so some annoying git isn't in my ear the whole game.
    

    Since killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't, have any ideas on how to balance around it?

    What do you mean with "killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't"

    How is that relevant?

    And we already have that immense power gap between SWF and killers, thats why SWF is such a big problem

     It will make me more prone to retire from killer.
    that immense power gap will probably be -every match- and not just swfs I can dodge and people sending chat requests. 
    A good many killers are either tired of voice chat as it is, or will be very quickly once the survivors abuse it enough. 

    If I knew who was chatting or not, I could maybe play killer closer to the original intent of the game.

    Keeping it to SWF helps contain the problem for now, though I got chat requests from strangers as a survivor, and I'm almost certain it's becoming more common.

    Not keeping it to swf may help speed up balance, or it could backfire immensely as the devs can't compensate for telepathic survivors. Considering the track record with swfs so far, it will likely be the latter.

    If the devs dont compensate killersm when survivors can use voice comms, then thats ok.
    If they finally admit on that I am ready to retire too.

    I just cant stand the current situation anymore

    Just tried to have a fun match at rank 13 with my newly purchased clown. Got bullied by 3 man DS team. Now I am afk playing oxygen not included while I derank back to 15. I cant stand DBD anymore, its such a mess and I honestly cant believe how there are still beginner players wanting to play killer

  • They didnt want you to know the true intention of your teammates and wether or not they liked you.

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    
    DeadByFlashlight said:
    

    @Rebel_Raven said: DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:    Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 
    

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game.  They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place.         They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly.    You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side.    Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now        If random survivors get voice comms, I'm retiring as a killer until they balance against it, and considering how that's working out with swfs, I'm basically going to be retired as a killer testing the waters with rituals at most.    If they add in game chat, why would people who use external chat use it?
    

    If the game punishes people for using internal chat, they will bypass it with external.  I've played against people that use voice comms. It's way too unrewarding to play against them.  Sure, but the point is that they can ONLY balance around voice comms properly if everyone has access to them. External and internal comms would work together like in any other game, take overwatch for example. WHen I play overwatch I am in teamspeak together with my friends and if we want to share calls with the whole team you press the push to talk button. I see no reason why this would not work in DBD. Let's say, for instance the killer gets a notification like a failed skill check every time someone uses ingame voice chat (entity help us, it would be like the 4th of july, and that'snot considering obvious distractions.) why would people who can use external chat have internal chat on? External chat bypasses giving that warning. Or if killers can hear survivors clearly, some kid screaming that you're camping them if you aren't out of visual range, and maybe even if you are? Do you want a doctor chasing you as some high pitched kid whines that you're looping them? I'll grant you that balancing around provided in game chat might help, but they can only balance around that. 

    And until they balance around that, which will take a long time, there may well be a sharp decrease in long term killers.
    

    If you mute the annoying ones, then any benefit the killer gets from voice comms balancing is probably gone since they will all probably be annoying.

    Muting takes time. Killers do not have time to waste in a game that might not last 5 minutes. 
    
    
    
    No ingame voice comms need to be the same as ts/discord.
    
    The killer shouldnt hear survivors obviously
    
    
    
    They had better shore up the immense power gap between survivors and killers in a hurry after implementing that.
    
    And hopefully have a quick mute for survivors so some annoying git isn't in my ear the whole game.
    

    Since killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't, have any ideas on how to balance around it?

    What do you mean with "killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't"

    How is that relevant?

    And we already have that immense power gap between SWF and killers, thats why SWF is such a big problem

     It will make me more prone to retire from killer.
    that immense power gap will probably be -every match- and not just swfs I can dodge and people sending chat requests. 
    A good many killers are either tired of voice chat as it is, or will be very quickly once the survivors abuse it enough. 

    If I knew who was chatting or not, I could maybe play killer closer to the original intent of the game.

    Keeping it to SWF helps contain the problem for now, though I got chat requests from strangers as a survivor, and I'm almost certain it's becoming more common.

    Not keeping it to swf may help speed up balance, or it could backfire immensely as the devs can't compensate for telepathic survivors. Considering the track record with swfs so far, it will likely be the latter.

    If the devs dont compensate killersm when survivors can use voice comms, then thats ok.
    If they finally admit on that I am ready to retire too.

    I just cant stand the current situation anymore

    Just tried to have a fun match at rank 13 with my newly purchased clown. Got bullied by 3 man DS team. Now I am afk playing oxygen not included while I derank back to 15. I cant stand DBD anymore, its such a mess and I honestly cant believe how there are still beginner players wanting to play killer

    Because there is still magic in VSing non swf groups. Some in dodging swfs.

    Too bad we can't ensure all 5 players keep getting an even shake. 
  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    
    DeadByFlashlight said:
    

    @Rebel_Raven said: DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:    DeadByFlashlight said:
    

    @Rebel_Raven said: Because voice comms is game breaking. It's several free perks all in one. 

    The last thing the killer community needs is even randoms being able to break the game.     They haven't, and likely can't balance against swfs as it is. Digging the hole deeper won't help. 
    

    The dev's have stated that this is an "antisocial" game. You're not supposed to talk in the first place.  They need to digg the hole deeper in order to balance properly. You cant have two game modes, SWF and solo with insane difference balance-wise, but without any compensation on the killers side. Devs opened pandoras box already, its too late now and the game simply evolves around SWF with voice comms now If random survivors get voice comms, I'm retiring as a killer until they balance against it, and considering how that's working out with swfs, I'm basically going to be retired as a killer testing the waters with rituals at most. If they add in game chat, why would people who use external chat use it?

    If the game punishes people for using internal chat, they will bypass it with external.     I've played against people that use voice comms. It's way too unrewarding to play against them.         Sure, but the point is that they can ONLY balance around voice comms properly if everyone has access to them.    External and internal comms would work together like in any other game, take overwatch for example.    WHen I play overwatch I am in teamspeak together with my friends and if we want to share calls with the whole team you press the push to talk button. I see no reason why this would not work in DBD.        Let's say, for instance the killer gets a notification like a failed skill check every time someone uses ingame voice chat (entity help us, it would be like the 4th of july, and that'snot considering obvious distractions.) why would people who can use external chat have internal chat on? External chat bypasses giving that warning.    Or if killers can hear survivors clearly, some kid screaming that you're camping them if you aren't out of visual range, and maybe even if you are?    Do you want a doctor chasing you as some high pitched kid whines that you're looping them?    I'll grant you that balancing around provided in game chat might help, but they can only balance around that. 
    

    And until they balance around that, which will take a long time, there may well be a sharp decrease in long term killers.

    If you mute the annoying ones, then any benefit the killer gets from voice comms balancing is probably gone since they will all probably be annoying.
    

    Muting takes time. Killers do not have time to waste in a game that might not last 5 minutes.  No ingame voice comms need to be the same as ts/discord. The killer shouldnt hear survivors obviously They had better shore up the immense power gap between survivors and killers in a hurry after implementing that. And hopefully have a quick mute for survivors so some annoying git isn't in my ear the whole game.

    Since killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't, have any ideas on how to balance around it?
    
    
    
    What do you mean with "killers won't have any idea who's talking and who isn't"
    
    How is that relevant?
    
    And we already have that immense power gap between SWF and killers, thats why SWF is such a big problem
    
    
    
     It will make me more prone to retire from killer.
    

    that immense power gap will probably be -every match- and not just swfs I can dodge and people sending chat requests. 

    A good many killers are either tired of voice chat as it is, or will be very quickly once the survivors abuse it enough. 

    If I knew who was chatting or not, I could maybe play killer closer to the original intent of the game.
    
    Keeping it to SWF helps contain the problem for now, though I got chat requests from strangers as a survivor, and I'm almost certain it's becoming more common.
    

    Not keeping it to swf may help speed up balance, or it could backfire immensely as the devs can't compensate for telepathic survivors. Considering the track record with swfs so far, it will likely be the latter.

    If the devs dont compensate killersm when survivors can use voice comms, then thats ok.

    If they finally admit on that I am ready to retire too.

    I just cant stand the current situation anymore

    Just tried to have a fun match at rank 13 with my newly purchased clown. Got bullied by 3 man DS team. Now I am afk playing oxygen not included while I derank back to 15. I cant stand DBD anymore, its such a mess and I honestly cant believe how there are still beginner players wanting to play killer

    Because there is still magic in VSing non swf groups. Some in dodging swfs.

    Too bad we can't ensure all 5 players keep getting an even shake. 

    We can, by giving voice comms to all survivors and finally balancing the damn game around that