Isn’t Open Handed meant to (partially) counter Knockout?!

New Open Handed doesn’t seem to be working as intended (on PS5 at least).

I rarely come across killers running Knockout, but yesterday I was up against a Myers on Family Residence running it.

I thought (because I was running Open Handed with Bond & Visionary) “Score!!! We’re all going to be able to easily find anybody Myers slugs.”

Imagine my surprise when going to search out anyone Myers slugged, and nobody’s aura was visible till I was within the standard 16m range of T3 Knockout.

I was almost certain old Open Handed extended the range at which auras of downed survivors are visible when a killer uses Knockout.

Open Handed doesn’t seem to be working correctly with both Buckle Up and Better Together either.

I like to run Buckle Up periodically because with how popular Ruin is, I want to be damn sure I’m not getting off a gen for absolutely nothing. Open Handed should extend Buckle Up’s range to a whopping 64m, meaning I should see ANY recovery progress of ANY survivor whenever I’m on one of the more centralised gens. But no, it seems like Buckle Up’s range stays the same. I’ll be moving towards a downed survivor that I think isn’t bothered to recover, then suddenly “white” within the range I expect Buckle Up to work without Open Handed.

In another game I was running Better Together, Open Handed, and Visionary (I’ve done this a LOT expecting Better Together to help teammates with the EXACT same range I’m getting with Visionary: 48m). Again, imagine my surprise when a baby Nancy also in the match was also running Better Together, except what I was seeing was gens suddenly within range of Visionary: red, were suddenly turning yellow once I’d moved over a full tile towards them. I thought at first “maybe she’s only just got on the gen”. But nope, I was consistently seeing that as I moved towards gen auras of those I thought WEREN’T being worked on, suddenly turned yellow within the usual 32m range. I.e. I could see gen auras within the expected 48m range using Visionary & Open Handed, But it was NOT extending any other survivors ability to see the baby Nancy’s Better Together beyond the standard 32m.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • AFAIK yes it should extend the range, if you had it at T3, it should have gone to 32m instead of 16m range.

    Can you make a bug report about this for me please, so it can get looked into properly.

  • @Mandy said:

    AFAIK yes it should extend the range, if you had it at T3, it should have gone to 32m instead of 16m range.

    Can you make a bug report about this for me please, so it can get looked into properly.

    Will do

  • I don't know if this is intended or not, but according to the wiki, Knockout now beats perks that reveal a Survivor's aura.

  • @Mandy said:

    AFAIK yes it should extend the range, if you had it at T3, it should have gone to 32m instead of 16m range.

    Can you make a bug report about this for me please, so it can get looked into properly.

    Does Open Handed work on Better Together?

  • It’s supposed to (as far as I know), but doesn’t currently seem to be working since Open Handed received its update last mid chapter

  • With Better Together (in my notes at least) it should increase gen aura's to 48m from 32m for other survivors.

  • @Mandy said:

    With Better Together (in my notes at least) it should increase gen aura's to 48m from 32m for other survivors.

    It currently isn’t though as I discovered.

    Anyway ive logged the bug report.