Strategy against Nemesis.

From the few matches I played today, I figured that getting into t3 as fast as possible was very important because the little extra range it gave was pretty enormous in loops.

Nemesis tiers up by doing two things. Contaminating survivors and killing his zombies.

Do you think the best strat as a survivor playing against nemesis is to let the zombies infect you before nemesis can?

This would force him to tier up slowly through only his zombies, and if he doesn't have the two addons which increase the amount he gets from zombies, it's going to take a TON of zombies to do it.

Then once he eventually reaches tier 3, use vaccines up to extend chases.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/252412/strategy-against-nemesis

    I'm not sure exactly what the counter play is yet. But that doesn't feel like the play. As Nemesis..I would GLADLY. Take survivors willingly infecting themselves. So my range can always work and I don't have to hit you 3 times at the start

    My thought process was that in tier 1 and 2, his tentacle strike is barely longer than a lunge, but in tier 3 is like a good 6 meters long. And maybe it's worth it to deny him tier 3 for as long as possible.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216952#Comment_2216952

    Maybe...But even if it's no longer then a lunge. Think about all the times you barely get through a window, pallet, etc away from an M1. If you grant me the ability to down you with the tentacle through the pallet, window, etc. That down is more important then keeping me from t3 for slightly longer.

    I guess. It would really come down to how long you can actually deny tier 3 and how long being uncontaminated really helps in chases, if he is in tier 3 or not. Too early for me to be able gauge that, but it might be a worthwhile strat to try out.

  • It's a good strategy that can easily be abused by strong teams. Not so good against more regular teams. Nonetheless, it does seem like a flaw that unnecessarily denies power from Nemesis. This should be addressed, perhaps have the zombie infection count to the Tier progress since the zombies are ultimately part of Nemesis' power. Another idea is to have infection have more of a penalty than merely be vulnerable to Nemmy's wang (which can be worked around, especially without T3).

  • @DeliciousFood said:

    It's a good strategy that can easily be abused by strong teams. Not so good against more regular teams. Nonetheless, it does seem like a flaw that unnecessarily denies power from Nemesis. This should be addressed, perhaps have the zombie infection count to the Tier progress since the zombies are ultimately part of Nemesis' power. Another idea is to have infection have more of a penalty than merely be vulnerable to Nemmy's wang (which can be worked around, especially without T3).

    I wouldn't say this NEEDS to be addressed, we don't even know if it even really has that much impact. I've done no testing.