my hope about the new mori / key system
I'm probably reading way too much into what they said about the new mori / key system in the anniversary broadcast today, but here's my hope for how it works:
Key items and mori offerings are removed from the game.
Every survivor has a progress variable -- let's call it "Risk" -- that slowly increases while they're being chased, and gets big boosts every time they stun the killer. It may or may not be displayed to the survivor / killer as a meter. Once Risk is full, the survivor automatically receives a "skeleton key" for the rest of the match, which is separate from items. A survivor with a skeleton key can open the hatch (which spawns the same way it does now), but they can also be moried; the killer can ONLY mori survivors who have skeleton keys. If a survivor has a skeleton key, that fact IS shown to the killer in the UI, and possibly to the other survivors as well.
As a killer, there are often times when one "runner" survivor is kiting and trolling me all over, which is very frustrating, and I often wish that I'd brought a mori to get my sweet revenge on them when I finally down them; this system would take care of that.
As a survivor, playing stealthily and cautiously will reward me with not being mori-able, but I can also decide to play it risky and try to get the key at the risk of getting moried if I'm caught.
With this system, any perks / add-ons that enable moris (e.g. DH and tombstone) would still work the same way, but would also automatically give mori-able survivors skeleton keys.
Comments
As a killer, there are often times when one "runner" survivor is kiting and trolling me all over, which is very frustrating, and I often wish that I'd brought a mori to get my sweet revenge on them when I finally down them; this system would take care of that.
Now that runner gets a key and tbags you on the hatch.
he's tbagging me anyway, might as well be on the hatch to get the match over.
I'm just tired of hearing something that was nerfed into the ground being branded by a dev as "Toxic"
But then turning around with a 2 second blurb about keys and not saying the dreaded T word about them one bit.
Both are shortcuts to the player objective, what is the f'ing difference.
I'm usually the first to call out people who say the devs are biased - but when they behave like this, it makes me feel like such a fool
Guess it's time to burn every single Mori offering I have now while I have them.
Delete Keys.