Where does the power of Pyramid-Head in Dead by Daylight originate from?

I know very little about the franchise, but I know something about Pyramid-Head but I don't know whether to tell it in the game or the movie adaptation, where does its power in Dead by Daylight originate from? I have only seen that in Silent Hill 2, there are 2 Pyramid-Head when the protagonist's wife is murdered and in that scene where he occupies a spear instead of his huge sword, but where the cages, the wave attack and the trail of torment?

Comments

  • From "we dont know what we can give him since ingame he is a slow moving mele only mindless mob", I honestly believe they scrapped a power from an in development Killer and gave it to him, especially if you take on account how insanely buggy, rushed and poorly designed it was when released.

  • The cages are seen in the games i'm pretty sure, I believe there's enemies put in them and so on. They are a big part of the 'Otherworld' which is basically where all the monsters, rust and so on resides.

    I believe the 'Trail' is meant to be PH's knife cutting a hole to the Otherworld, since it's described as an 'Infernal construct' in the power description

    As for the wave attack, the symbols come from the games as well I believe but the attack is likely BHVR's own creation as I don't believe it's an attack the executioner uses in any of the games. It's likely him calling upon the Otherworld with his knife

  • The cage is based on the design on Maria/ Mary final form, and as it's named "The Cage of Atonement", it's probably that the torment that affected them found their inner guilt, and the cage makes them atone for those sins. In terms of Silent Hill 2, the final form is effectively there to male James atone for what his sins were.

    Cage of Atonement and Maria/ Mary:

    mary-photo-u3.jpeg.jpg

    The Rights of Judgement is a little harder to explain, but the razor-wire is similar to the barbed wire seen in both the game and movies. These wires seek to avenge young Alessa for the torture others put her through. It fits in with Pyramid Head being judgement, and causes suffering in survivors (which I also believe is psychological as well as physical pain).

    It's also possible the carving of the ground may be an "infection", similar to the blight, that comes from the Entities contact with Silent Hill, as well as maybe even feeding off the Entity with all that is being judged there.

    Alessa's wirey revenge from the movie:

    maxresdefault-1.jpg

    The Punishment of the Damned energy wave I think is just an expansion of the above idea to use as a anti-loop weapon, because at the time a lot was being said about looping and infinite loops, so he was probably following the Deathslinger in anti-loop powers. If I think of it, Blight, Twins and Trickster also have abilities which weaken loops, so it's probably an ongoing thing.

    As for its power, I believe Pyramid Head has brought some of the Silent Hill influence, and the Sun Goddess that Silent Hill cult worships has someine gained a weak but significant hold within the realm and uses it to feed. Hence why, with the exception of Myers, Pyramid Head can both sacrifice and kill survivors without permission from the Entity - it's a way of feeding the Sun Goddess.

    Basically, it's a cosmic horror deity mixing with an unknown God, so there may be some squabbles, although largely they have "an agreement".

  • The ranged attack is completely original, I believe. The cages are reminiscent to Silent Hill.

    Tbh I was kinda hoping Pyramid Head would be as slow as Nurse but have a pretty high skill ceiling, considerable mobility, and power at the same time, since he was like, REALLY slow in the games.

  • Fleshlips are also possibly one of the references for the cages too.

    image.png